Have Camera Will Travel-9/16/17

olcaptain

After a storm filled week it was so good to get back on the water this morning! The plan was for me and Max to load up our smaller canoe in the truck and go over and join Doug Hargrove for a morning cruise.

OcrInog.jpg

The 119 isn’t as stable as the Carp Shark but it is much easier to transport and a breeze to paddle using a kayak paddle.

gijuLKm.jpg

Z2LG60P.jpg

Our plan this morning was to paddle due east into the morning sun to an area called “Madison’s Beach.”

4g9BRyY.jpg

DLhU5OL.jpg

There we would get out and stretch and return to Doug’s place. If you think Lake Sinclair is a trickle of water you haven’t paddled this 3 mile round trip cruise in a 11’9” canoe! I am reminded of the old Vacation Bible School song, “Deep and Wide” because we paddled over some water that was well over 40 ft deep.

PGDEXzb.jpg

cwVBh7U.jpg

The sunrise and the scenery were both breathtaking but the new friends we made put the icing on the cake! We stopped and chatted with two boats who were catfishing. We were blessed to meet Doug and Damien Solomon as well as Maurice and MJ Sumerlin! Being the shy friend that he is, Max promptly jumped out of the canoe to get a photo opp with Damien! Max doesn’t realize it but 40 ft is a tad over his head! It was nice to meet these guys and you can see from the photos that they know how to fish!!

DQFqp0L.jpg

orYl0Xy.jpg

I never grow tired of meeting people who know and care about my children. After leaving Doug and Damien we met our new friends Maurice and MJ Surmelin. After some introductory small talk I found out that Maurice’s wife Tracy works with Lauren at PCPS! Small world, right? You can see from their photo that Maurice was also putting on a Catfish Clinic!

QBomMsn.jpg

Folks, when you get out and about you will be amazed at what you can see and who you can meet! In fact, I can’t wait until next time when we post another episode of “Have Camera Will Travel.”