Friday Lanier Report w/pics/vid

Scout'nStripers

I got out on the lake this morning for the first time since last Saturday. We got hit pretty hard by Irma at our main house and the lake house so I've been busy all week cleaning up trees and filling orders. Not much to report on the fishing front. For me the big girls let the little guys eat this morning. I caught good numbers (15-20) but not much size. All on topwater but that's pretty much all I threw. I did do a little searching and found a few new productive areas and had some big girl blow ups but the water was flat and glassed over all morning and I think the big bass had the popper figured out. The stripers are getting more aggressive on the surface and I managed a few this morning using a bone Vixen KO on points and humps. Surface temps were low 70's this morning and when I came off they were hitting mid 70's. Here's a few pics of some our Irma damage . We had a big oak tree fall at the big house and luckily went the other way from my boat house, pool and main house but not so lucky at the lake house as a big pine smashed our dock. Also, here's a little video of a few of the topwater bass and a pretty aggressive topwater striper this morning.

Attachments

• IMAG1992.jpg
    IMAG1992.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 440
  • IMAG1999.jpg
    IMAG1999.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 438
Last edited:

Scout'nStripers

Ouch,hate it about your dock Chief.Nice topwater bite.
Thanks Hawk. We had just moved the dock in about 4 feet in preparation for the storm. If we would have left it out the tree would have done a lot less damage.

Scout'nStripers

That's pretty bad. Was the roof of the dock the only thing damaged?
Na, it punctured a few floats, a lot of frame and wiring damage and some deck boards. The dock company said they would probably total it, cut it up and haul it off. Our insurance is more than likely going to replace it. Cost will be somewhere between 12k-16k.