West Point Lake stocking

tone357

Just read in GON that the DNR stocked the lake with 600, 000 largemouth fingerlings. I am aware that they did this a few months back. Are we talking about the same stocking, or have they put over one million fingerlings in the lake this year?

61BelAir

Very good read. The part about them stocking in an effort to combat the spots taking over was good news. Hopefully the DNR is starting to take the problem very seriously.

WPrich

The last 2 years I have caught more largemouth than in years past at West point, may be a result of the stockings. Lots of largies in the 9-12 inch range, I have seen more vegetation in some areas of the lake as well which also helps the largemouth out tremendously.

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
The last 2 years I have caught more largemouth than in years past at West point, may be a result of the stockings. Lots of largies in the 9-12 inch range, I have seen more vegetation in some areas of the lake as well which also helps the largemouth out tremendously.

Good water at spawning has definitely helped the last couple years. I've noticed the same thing on the upper end of the lake. With the high water this summer, there has been an incredible amount of aquatic vegetation that I have never seen.

King.Of.Anglers.Jeremiah

Fishing ? Instructor!
Hybrids and largemouth are probably the main species people look for in the lake. don't see why not stock them every few years