Deer Lodge

jigman29

Any of you ever eat there? Its between Helen and Hiawassee. I try to eat there but it's hard to get in the door some days. It's not the best steak you will ever eat but man you get your moneys worth! You can get a ribeye or T-bone that is unreal huge for a little over 20 bucks with fries and a salad. No way under the sun will you ever leave hungry. I know it sounds like a shameless plug for the place lol but I am actually sitting at work and got a craving flung on me lol.I was wondering if any of you that are regulars have heard any rumors that they are closing down? I heard that this may be the last year and was concerned.

Duff

Trip to deerlodge in the future now:banginghe

Haven't heard they were closing. Hope not.

Hooked On Quack

REV`REND DR LUV
Unicoedwag told me about this place years ago, hard to get in the parking lot it's so full !!!

jigman29

This isn't me but a pic online. But this is the size of these steaks every time you go lol.

Attachments

• IMG_4609.JPG
    IMG_4609.JPG
    118.4 KB · Views: 240

Unicoidawg

Staff member
Man I have not heard that rumor, but I can find out for sure with a phone call or two. I sure hope not as it's probably my favorite place to eat...... and before someone says it yes there are better steaks out there. That being said part of growing up was looking forward to dining there and just the nostalgic atmosphere it has holds a place in my heart.

Unicoidawg

Staff member
Just spoke with the current owner and you can put that rumor to rest and I quote. "They will close the doors when I am dead gone"

red neck richie

Pass it all the time to and from fishing on Chatuge. Always wanted to stop but the parking lot is always full and I'm not big on long waits when I'm hungry. Or as my wife says hangry. That steak looks good though. What are their hours?

jigman29

Just spoke with the current owner and you can put that rumor to rest and I quote. "They will close the doors when I am dead gone"

Best news I have heard all day lol. Have the owners ever said where they get steaks that big? I have never seen them anywhere to compare at a price even remotely close lol.
And yes, you can get a better steak but I will bet you wont find one for anywhere near that price that is half the size. If you leave hungry its your own fault. Heck yo can get a hamburger that's equally massive for about 10 bucks there!

Doug B.

The lady that you can see over the man's shoulder in the picture is a sister to the Crowe Brothers. You can hear them on satellite radio on the bluegrass station. I grew up within two miles of these boys!