HOA - don't get mad get even

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Just remember you signed up for this. I'll stay out in the country where I belong. Last thing I want to do is lower someone's property value or be told what I can and cannot do on my property. Seems the older I get, the less I care for humans in general.

Yep.

Jack Ryan

I live in a nice little neighborhood, middle class fairly decent houses. 55-60 year old lady and her poor soul of a husband moved in diagonal moved up from South Florida. The FIRST day she moved in she walked over and introduced herself and immediately told me that the kids need to stay out of the street. The kids all play up and down the road but not in the road. I knew right then we would have problems and its been a blast ever since then. I feel sorry for her husband I really do I would have choked her out by now if I had to live with her.

1. She complained when I cut a tree up and put it out by the road, apparently that "makes her house value drop" I cut about a tree or find a big limb about once a month now.

2. She said where she came from people didn't walk around half naked working in the yard. If it's hot outside I don't usually have a shirt on working in the yard. She called the police saying it was inappropriate. The Police Chief is one of my best friends and just stopped by to hang out for a little while.

3. She complained on my neighbor because he goes to the gym every morning at 5 and said his head lights bother her when he pulls out and his truck cranking up wakes her up across the street. My neighbor has a stock exhaust on a f150...

My brother bought a mini bike and put a different exhaust and its ungodly loud that I love to ride around my yard and the kids like to ride it. She hates it. She'll learn eventually I guess.

Your mother must be so proud.

sinclair1

Your mother must be so proud.

The lady made a mistake when she bought non restricted as a picky person. She wouldn't even need to worry about mini bikes or naked fire wood collecting savages if she chose to eliminate it :rofl:

Just like in sling blade, when the guy is friends with JD Shellnut, chief of polese, there's not much you can to do.:flag:

Big Foot

Regardless, we live in an ever encroaching land....a lot of people period no matter....of ALL types.

These HOA's can help in some areas. I see our home as an investment and HOA helps keep property values up.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Glad I have 50ty acres with timber & a old house to keep my value down.

HuntDawg

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, no

they enjoy meeting just to meet

I thought the same thing. I was that guy who thought I knew what was going on. I then joined the board and saw that I was wrong.

I have been on our Board for 10 years. Why 10 years, because all the complainers want to do is complain. The squeaky wheel only wants to squeak. When asked to join the board, all they can say is I do not have the time. Blah, blah, blah. They love to complain on Facebook and other Social Media, rather than follow the procedure in the covenants to deal with an issue.

There is much, much more to an HOA than getting that letter about your grass. Actually, that is about 1/10 of what actually goes on.

Like I said, I was that guy who thought the Board was a bunch of jerks who met once a month and wanted to control their neighbors. I found out real quick that Covenant Violations are about 10% of the topics discussed at the monthly meetings. Are there faults? Absolutely.

If your board is not doing things right, join the board, and make changes for the better, but be prepared, you will be accused of "meeting just to meet".