Anybody using an Instant Pot ???

Keebs

Miss Moderator Ma Hen
Staff member
Heck yes. The wife got on for Christmas and I was very skeptical. We use that dang thing multiple times per week. I've cooked all sorts of stuff and I've yet to find something it doesn't do well. You can make some killer home made mac and cheese in 7 minutes. It makes the easiest to peal boiled eggs I have ever seen.

I'll go ahead and turn my man card in, but I even used it to make ribs one night for dinner. Less than 40 minutes in the Instant Pot and tossed on the grill for about 5 to finish off. For an after work deal, they were pretty dang tolerable.
:cheers:That's my reason, no time during the week to cook like I want to!
I wonder if Mrs. elfiii would take a swat at me if'n I brought one of them contraptions home one night? She says I have enough contraptions.:biggrin2:
::ke: you never have too many contraptions, especially if you use them!:cheers:

Shug

Keebs, Google Power pressure parts and accessories. A lot of the Instant Pot accessories will fit it. Amazon has a lot

Keebs

Miss Moderator Ma Hen
Staff member
Keebs, Google Power pressure parts and accessories. A lot of the Instant Pot accessories will fit it. Amazon has a lot
:cheers: :O I am on a first name basis with Amazon.......... but I'm trying to get the biggest bang for my buck...... I could really do some damage on some of the things I have seen!

Keebs

Miss Moderator Ma Hen
Staff member
:cheers: Fixed some Red Beans & Rice and added Keilbasa Sausage...... ready in no time & was so good!
I bought skinless, boneless chicken thighs so I can try the General Tso's this weekend!:banana:

doenightmare

Gone But Not Forgotten
I gots to look into this. I had never heard of the thing.

tad1

Guys, I would never have believed how well this thing works until I experienced it myself. My wife got one this past fall and has been absolutely THROWING DOWN with it. My grilling and smoking has dropped off a good bit because she's been putting the dinner on the table! I myself have only cooked once in it when she was gone, some rice which came out great. I really wanted to dismiss the instant pot as another "As seen on TV" gimmick but it has done very well with all sorts of vittles. I could probably just throw away my big crock pot. Seriously...
JT

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Dang, going to look into one of these myself. Just too many good reviews here not to. Thanks!

Keebs

Miss Moderator Ma Hen
Staff member
I made a cheesecake in mine Saturday................ O.M.Goooodness!!!:cool:

Keebs

Miss Moderator Ma Hen
Staff member
Gut Lort......that may have been all I needed to push me over the edge......:banginghe :biggrin2:
Let's put it this way, a couple of the people that tasted it for me said it didn't even need any kind of topping............ 'nuff said?:cheers:

OmenHonkey

I Want Fancy Words TOO !
What size is the best one to get? I want one but can't decide on the size. Mostly cook for about 5 people. I may just get the 8 qt anyway. Lol.

IIICrkRepr

Has anyone tried boiled peanuts in it yet? Takes my crock pot 12 hours to make a batch.

Keebs

Miss Moderator Ma Hen
Staff member
What size is the best one to get? I want one but can't decide on the size. Mostly cook for about 5 people. I may just get the 8 qt anyway. Lol.
I'd go with the 8qt, that's what I have and I am slowly adding extra pots, lifters, steamers etc. as I go.
Has anyone tried boiled peanuts in it yet? Takes my crock pot 12 hours to make a batch.
:fine:No but danged if that ain't a great idea!!:cool:

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member

I've made them in the regular pressure cooker, so I see no reason the instant pot won't work. A quick search shows about the same timing. Anywhere from an hour to hour and half depending on how done you like them.

TJay

My wife made lasagna with hers last night and it was the best ever! She's made lots of lasagna over the years and it's all been good but the lasagna from the IP was the best yet!

Keebs

Miss Moderator Ma Hen
Staff member
Ok, I am particular about my roast & gravy, brown in my cast iron skillit, then make my gravy, put in a pan covered in aluminum foil in the oven or even keep cooking low & slow on the stove............... tried it in my Pressure Cooker.............. Homerun! Even cooked my taters for my mashed taters, 'nother hit!:cheers:
The more I use this thing the more & more I like it!:cool:

creekbender

My wife has one and here recently has done a low country boil in it a few times . It's unreal .