Wife's had a rough workweek....called me this afternoon and told me to get'r done !!!

Dub

My bride has had a horrible week at work....and is going to resign from her position. Works for a horrible boss who lacks basic human decency and is very manipulative. I've met the woman....and can agree completely with my wife's assessment and decision to leave. I've managed high functioning teams for over 25 years and I can say without a doubt that her boss wouldn't make it 6 months in my environment.

She called me on her way home and said she was done....done....done with the madness. I asked what I could do to help....and she said, "Cook up something good".

Granted.....the phone call came as she was beginning her commute home.

I'd planned on cooking tomorrow.....not this afternoon.

I was road weary and beat down from a crazy workweek of my own. Mind was cloudy.....what to make on the fly ?

From phone call to the table was 30 mins.....with stuff on hand, including some leftovers.

She said it was great and just what she was hoping for and was grinning throughout the meal. Good stuff for this old dude. Got'r done on the giddyup.

Went a little something like this.....

Grabbed some "pizza" sauce outa the cabinet.....and a box of high protein-high fiber pasta and made it ready. Doctored up the pizza sauce on the fly and it really tasted purdy good...all things considered.

Added some Vidalia, Italian seasoning, parsley, garlic, peppa and bay leaves and got it on the simmer.

Brushed some olive oil & Johnny's Garlic Spread on some bread and heated up some leftover bacon-wrapped meatballs and it all came together. Hit it with some grated Parmesan cheese....

The colander and plate used were given to us by an angel of a woman who is the sweetest woman you've ever met....the wife of my mentor at work, RIP, who we followed to our relocation 20 years ago. She's an amazing cook and her Italian roots come through bigtime. Sweet soul. I can only imagine how much she'd laugh at my rushed Italian meal. She does old school Italian cooking. I'm going to invite her over soon and I'll see what we can come up with in the kitchen.

At least this rushed meal had my wife grinning and smiling the whole time.

Bamsucka !!!!! Workweek just erased. Time for the weekend fun. :flag:

For future reference I could use some quickly made meals.....what are your go-to plans ???

Last edited:

Big7

The Oracle
Looks good Dub. Tomato and cheese. Yum!

My lil' Mama dropped me off some Lenten Friday fish
from church. They do it up right. Thought I was
going to fix a side but got full on fish.

Did save a slab for a snack or sammich' later.

Might do an "Italian Beef" roast soon.
Cost a lot so I'll need some help. (eatin', not payin')
I like Italian. Most of it anyway.

All your cooks look good. Par for the course.:clap:

MOTS

Dub it seems like you have mentioned her job unhappiness before, I may be wrong. Good for her! I'm lucky enough to work with my best friend and boss. Looks good as always! Glad to see you're off work, crickets around here without you!

Dub

Looks good Dub. Tomato and cheese. Yum!

My lil' Mama dropped me off some Lenten Friday fish
from church. They do it up right. Thought I was
going to fix a side but got full on fish.

Did save a slab for a snack or sammich' later.

Might do an "Italian Beef" roast soon.
Cost a lot so I'll need some help. (eatin', not payin')
I like Italian. Most of it anyway.

All your cooks look good. Par for the course.:clap:

Thank you, man. I'm in the same boat.....most Italian is good stuff to me.

Dub it seems like you have mentioned her job unhappiness before, I may be wrong. Good for her! I'm lucky enough to work with my best friend and boss. Looks good as always! Glad to see you're off work, crickets around here without you!

Thanks, Mots.

I can't hold a candle to the folks who breathed life into this place....I'm simply a byproduct of the craving they flung over their cooking....Paymaster & NCHB, Nic & others.

Chilling & grilling is one of life's greatest pleasures.

The world seems to come together and make sense when you step back and watch your family & friends enjoy the grub you made. Good times. I hope all dude's can find a way to enjoy this. Pick one dish....make it their own....and go from there. Their families will love it. :flag:

And yes....it's sad about her job. It's one of those deals thats custom-made for her....perfect....she loves it....but her boss is making it pure-T hades.

We'll see where it leads. One door closes.....two more open.....

I've told her to have Faith and never compromise her principals.

Speaking of Faith.....a package arrived in the mail today. I'd ordered each of us a keychain thing that are lightweight and strong titanium. Mine will open bottles......her's is much more substantial. Slipped it on her keychain tonight while she wasn't looking. Hope it makes her smile when she notices it. Tough times don't last, but people of Faith and perseverance do.

Last edited:

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Dub, sorry about your wife's work issues. I had a bad boss myself a few years ago and the stress he put me under cause my heart attack. I am glad she is getting out of it.

Your grub looks great as always! Praying things work out for your wife.

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
Dub there is no doubt in my mind that everything will work out with your wife’s situation what ever she decides to do. Good looking food by the way !

pine floor

Awesome looking plate Dub. That's a go to any day of the week.

Hope your wife finds peace. I been down that road before and it was no fun at all.

PF

Patriot44

Banned
Good for you Dub. Your wife and mine may have worked for the same woman. My wife had enough one day, told her how she felt and ended with making sure she understood that she is a sociopath before she walked out. Been a LAX and baseball mom ever since.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Looks great! :clap:

I've been there with the bad boss. Life is too short.

Dub

Don't Worry/Rick Warren/YouTube

Wow.

Wow.

Okay.....I pulled up Youtubes and did a search for him.

Watched a couple of his videos.

Spot on dead nutz accuracy at this very moment.

I'm very much obliged. Thank you, man. 'Preciate it !!!!

Dub, sorry about your wife's work issues. I had a bad boss myself a few years ago and the stress he put me under cause my heart attack. I am glad she is getting out of it.

Your grub looks great as always! Praying things work out for your wife.

Thank you, sir.

In my career I've had a few bad bosses. I chose to use them as good examples of bad examples.

My last three bosses have been outstanding, though....right on time....exactly what was needed. They taught me a great deal.

I was just reassigned to a new crew of folks. Hoping to show them the love and get 'em fired up bigtime. Know this....cooking for them will be a reward. Years ago it would've been a punishment. Thank you for coaching and encouraging. :banana:

Dub there is no doubt in my mind that everything will work out with your wife’s situation what ever she decides to do. Good looking food by the way !

Thank you and thank you.

The future is ahead.....and I hope to imbue some enthusiasm into her. New starts can be mighty fun.

Thank you.

Awesome looking plate Dub. That's a go to any day of the week.

Hope your wife finds peace. I been down that road before and it was no fun at all.

PF

Thanks, brother.

Her current boss is a control freak and sucks as a manager. She has one employee to supervise.....my wife.....and she is inept. Hilarious to me that the medical college has given the witch the title of "Director".

How can you be a "Director" with one employee ?????

Good for you Dub. Your wife and mine may have worked for the same woman. My wife had enough one day, told her how she felt and ended with making sure she understood that she is a sociopath before she walked out. Been a LAX and baseball mom ever since.

Good deal, man.

I'm hoping for a great outcome.

She took 7 years off work to be there for our son. She got him through high school and then went into a position that was custom made for her. Truly custom made.

Working for the Georgia Cancer Center has been a dream for her....especially since she could add the following to her sig line: Cancer Survivor. :flag:

She loves the work......loves the people......absolutely hates the OCD-Control Freak issues of her boss. It's taken great restraint on my part not to go down there and make waves.

You are a good guy Dub, and good luck to your wife...happy wife happy life.

Thanks, man.....I appreciate that.

You are right on the money about happy wife = happy life.

Nice work brother

Thank you......fun times.

Looks great! :clap:

I've been there with the bad boss. Life is too short.

Thanks.

You are spot on about life being too short. That's exactly what I told her.......get outa there now before it shortens your life. Stress is a beast.

Dub

Wife worked an event an promoted her department's programs.....and late afternoon she let me know that their eats were okay.....but not substantial.

She gave me a ready time....and I took inventory.

Fettuccine Alfredo was in order.

Broke out the colander that our dear friend, Italian cook par excellence, gave us.

Finished off the bacon-wrapped meatballs, too.

GA1dad

Wow!!! Bravo Dub!!! Bravo!!!