If you're not a member of the NRA, you might want to be now

Robert28

I’m a member of the NRA and the GOA. I own one AR15 that happens to be a Colt 6920 and it’s turned out to be pretty doggone useful shooting coyotes and hogs and even letting my girlfriend shoot. She can shoot that rifle all day but my hunting rifles are way too much recoil for her and the last thing you want to do is give an inexperienced shooter more gun than they can handle.

I understand not everyone owns or wants an AR or an AK47 or anything like that. I get it. However, this isn’t about what you like or don’t like. It’s about drawing a line in the sand and saying “no!”. Think they won’t come after your hunting rifle next? Think again. They’ll label it a “sniper rifle” and away we go. You might think I’m kidding but I’ve heard leftist say they would ban everything but a 6 Shot revolver and a single shot rifle. That would clean me out of all my guns if that came to pass because my revolver is a 7 Shot 686 and I don’t even own a single shot rifle.

I’m fighting for my right and your right to own an AR because I can see the forrest for the trees, I know how this story goes. They will eventually get around to you and what you like and own, just give them time. You think them boys that shoot Mathews and Hoyt’s are safe because they bow hunt? Yeah right, they’ll get around to those too. “You can buy a bow without a background check??? We must stop that!”

35 Whelen

There are numerous companies cutting ties with the NRA:

One of them, the First National Bank of Omaha, "one of the nation’s largest privately owned banks — had issued what its ads described as the “Official Credit Card of the NRA,” according to the Omaha World-Herald. The Visa card offered 5 percent back on gas and sporting goods store purchases and a $40 bonus card. But in a tweet Thursday saying that “customer feedback has caused us to review our relationship with the NRA,” the bank announced it was stopping the program."
https://www.vox.com/2018/2/23/17044318/nra-membership-partners-cut-ties

I had one of these cards, closed the account today.

Robert28

My insurance company is always wanting to sell me “rental car reimbursement” on my plan. I looked on their website and saw they do business with all the rental companies that cancelled their membership with the NRA. Now I have the perfect excuse next time they start in on me about rental car coverage.

HuntinDawg89

Life Member here. I should probably look at a gift membership for my daughter or wife.

I was going to post and tell MYRX how wrong he is, but y'all have done a pretty good job. Carry on.

Several question for all the supporters of private citizens possessing these weapons.

Would you own one if they only had three or five round magazines?

If you would why?

If you would not why?

Why do citizens of the USA need a weapon that has the capability to fire 20 to 30 rounds before a reload is required?

What do you use the weapon with a 20 or 30 round magazine for other than destroying public firing ranges and killing people? If you need it for hunting.....I think you have bigger problems and should try other activities.

I personally have no idea. I served my country for 20 years and only see one purpose for these weapons.

Are they fun to shoot yes. If you ever have to use it for the purpose it was intended for it is no fun. Including being on the wrong end of it. If you want to have one for awhile join the military. You can have it for free and use it for the purpose it was designed for. Protecting your country and killing people.

Please educate me??????

Cool Hand Luke

Give them an inch

Thank you for your service. Because it is my right as an American citizen to own one. That should be good enough. If they pass legislation to ban any type of weapon, it just opens the door.

Seems a little simple minded. You can so you will. How about all the dead people? Wonder how they feel about that? Good enough I guess?????

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Several question for all the supporters of private citizens possessing these weapons.

If you would why?

If you would not why?

Why do citizens of the USA need a weapon that has the capability to fire 20 to 30 rounds before a reload is required?

What do you use the weapon with a 20 or 30 round magazine for other than destroying public firing ranges and killing people? If you need it for hunting.....I think you have bigger problems and should try other activities.

I personally have no idea. I served my country for 20 years and only see one purpose for these weapons.

Are they fun to shoot yes. If you ever have to use it for the purpose it was intended for it is no fun. Including being on the wrong end of it. If you want to have one for awhile join the military. You can have it for free and use it for the purpose it was designed for. Protecting your country and killing people.

Please educate me??????

"What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms."

- Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Madison, December 20, 1787

We are not talking about single shot rifles. Please step into modern era times. I support 2ND AMENDMENT RIGHTS. Just believe things need to change.

jimmy.444

If you would why?

If you would not why?

Please educate me??????
Because it’s my right as a citizen to do so if I chose
Enough said-

B. White

What I need for hunting purposes has nothing to do with with groups attempting to limit or abolish rights that are granted to us. We don't need a firearm for hunting. The 2nd amendment was not put in place to protect hunting or target shooting. Someone telling me what I need or don't need is exactly why I need what I have.

tcward

If you would why?

If you would not why?

Please educate me??????

Thank you for serving your country but sounds like in your post you forgot to take the oath before you served...you know the one that involves defending the Constitution!

fishman1957

I totally agree with NCHillbilly a lot of you and all libs need to research the 2 Amendment without it all other rights would be lost. As far as firearms go when it was written the flintlock was the assault weapon , if we were armed with flintlocks now how would we defend ourselves from invaders or tyranny ??????

transfixer

Seems a little simple minded. You can so you will. How about all the dead people? Wonder how they feel about that? Good enough I guess?????

Thank you for you service, and I understand your point of view, up to a point, but you know as well as anyone, its not the weapon, its the person or persons that are to blame,

Those same people can take a pump shotgun, designed to bird hunt with, shorten the barrel for ease of carry, and kill just as many people in just as short a time, a pocket full of buckshot and a 12gauge can do more damage than a 30rd mag of .556 fmj. Or most any semi auto handgun and a half dozen mags, even if they are just 10rd mags, in the hands of someone with decent marksmanship can take out a lot of people,

Where would it stop ? only when we are left with single shot rifles and shotguns, as I hear people in the UK are ? and as I'm sure you know they now deal with stabbings and machete killings over there , so gun control did not stop the idiots or mental cases from killing people !

Cool Hand Luke

Do you own a vehicle or do you walk everywhere you go? If yes, its because you can. I am very disgusted with the mentally ill kid and very sad and sorry for the families that lost loved ones. I just do not want our 2nd ammendment rights infringed upon because some kid used a nine lb. sledge instead of a claw hammer to do what he did. Dont blame it on the tool.

Last edited: