Poker Float

SOTW

The Thomaston Upson Chamber of Commerce will be holding its 2nd Annual Poker Float on the Flint River May
19th. The float will start at the Sprewell Bluff WMA and will end at Hwy 36 Bridge at the line of Upson and Talbot County. You can go to this site to read about the rules, cost and prizes.

http://www.thomastongachamber.com/pokerRun.html

SOTW

We have cash prizes as high as $250 as well as many other great items, so this is a very good opportunity to win some cash or something nice and have a great time floating the river (Sprewell Bluff to the 36 Bridge). The float takes between 2-4 hours depending on how you choose to spend your afternoon.

Canoe rentals (2 people, 2 paddles) and transportation are also available for $50 through a special 11:00 a.m. shuttle at the Flint River Outdoor Center. If you have your own canoe and want to use the shuttle drop off, you can catch the 11:00 a.m. shuttle for $25 (2 people/2 kayaks or 2 people/1 large canoe). We highly recommend this for the convenience factor!

SOTW

The grand prize kayak for the 2012 Flint River Canoe and Kayak Poker Float is a Wilderness Systems Tarpon 100 in yellow

SOTW

It is fun. Last year was the chambers first go at it. It turned Out really nice and had good participation. We hope it will grow this year.

nkbigdog

Did the Great Hooch River Raft Race multiple times in the 70's. Home made rigs camped out the night before..Great music ton of people having a great time..Sounds like fun wish I could make it..To old to take a chance now..Hope there will be plenty of Pic's:cool:

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
Did the Great Hooch River Raft Race multiple times in the 70's. Home made rigs camped out the night before..Great music ton of people having a great time..Sounds like fun wish I could make it..To old to take a chance now..Hope there will be plenty of Pic's:cool:

We had something like that here in the 70's on the Oconee. My brothers and sister got to go, but I was the youngest and mama wouldn't let me.:mad: