Akansas public?

JUSTO & BELLA

Does anyone know any public land in either ark, tenn, miss, or close to the area that a boat is not needed, somewhere we can walk in and hunt, flooded fields would be perfect. Im not asking for exacts, just public land name, i will do the rest. Thanks for any help.

NGaHunter

You can walk into most public land in Ar. The first time I went to Public land we walked in...in fact fell twice. 32 degree temp and water in the waders...what a hunt. Loved every freezing moment of it.

NGaHunter

I have and I do...I lease 2 pits in Cash, Ar...and have hunted Rainey Break...and walked into it.

yellowduckdog

Go to Bayou Meto & Upper Vallier (sic) walk to the second transformer & walk in the timber from there . Depending on the water level you might have to walk a 1/4 mile & look for openings in the timber...set out 12 to 24 decoys & call youre head off....enjoy

greenhead84

Dont send him to the bl** line... Bad choice. Best bet is to GET a boat and take off two weeks in February and scout out the Metro. If you're gonna hunt Arkansas wma's, at least do it with a little class. Lord knows, the metro needs another ignorant duck hunter..... But I hope you've got thick tires, they love to slice em

jhff150

Banned
I've hunted a pretty good bit on Big Lake wma, in ARK. Some years were better than others, but all you can do is try

rapid fire

Not sure on the walk in hunts, but AR can be pretty good if you hit it just right. All you can do is try. I would think it could be like deer hunting. Everybody overlooks that little spot just behind camp. Just find some wma's on-line and take a week to scout and hunt a little. Next year you will know more about what you are looking for.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Delta national forest in missisippi is all walkin and i have heard there is some good hunting there. its over by Arkansas.

Wack-n-Stack

We just got back from hunting the Shirey Bay Rainey Break WMA in Lynn Arkansas this past weekend and did pretty good. We hunted Fri, Sat and Sun and killed 45 birds. There was 5 of us hunting. There were alot of people hunting there. $85.00 cover's you for a five day hunt. We go every year a couple of times. We stay in a single wide trailor for 20bucks a head per night. There are walk in spots as well as boat ramp's for putting in your boat if you take one. It is about an 8hr ride from here.

ramrod216

We hunted the Bayou Meto 4 days after Christmas and the first 2 days the weather was horrible but we still killed a few but the third day the weather cleared and the ducks were flying great and we killed our limits of mallards. A lot of shooting came off the blue line but I can't say how many birds they killed. We were not far from there. The only thing about the Bayou Meto is that it's the most hunted WMA in Arkansas but it is a good place to get started. Arkansas is blessed with plenty of rivers with backwater that holds a lot of ducks(Clarendon Ar) has a boat ramp right in town. The best month for Arkansas is January. I was raised less than 20 miles from Lake Guntersville, but there is nothing like watching mallards drop through the trees.

Nitro

Banned
The only thing about the Bayou Meto is that it's the most hunted WMA in Arkansas but it is a good place to get started. Arkansas is blessed with plenty of rivers with backwater that holds a lot of ducks(Clarendon Ar) has a boat ramp right in town. The best month for Arkansas is January. There is nothing like watching mallards drop through the trees.

On that my friend, we can certainly agree.:flag: