Your Collegiate Connection

weathermantrey

I grew up 20 minutes from Clemson, got my undergrad and master's degrees from Clemson. Got hired full time working for Clemson straight out of college and have been at it ten years now. My office is situated right in the middle of campus. I also Bought 11 acres and built my forever home about 5 years ago that's 2.5 miles from the football stadium as a crow flies.

Do I win the thread?

ClemsonRangers

I grew up 20 minutes from Clemson, got my undergrad and master's degrees from Clemson. Got hired full time working for Clemson straight out of college and have been at it ten years now. My office is situated right in the middle of campus. I also Bought 11 acres and built my forever home about 5 years ago that's 2.5 miles from the football stadium as a crow flies.

Do I win the thread?

absolutely

fishnguy

Born in Arkansas raised in Louisiana and Georgia. Was a fan of Spurrier, Bobby Bowden, Joe Paterno. The Bear was a south Arkansas boy too! Liked Notre Dame when Holtz was coaching there after his time at Arkansas. Started paying attention to Auburn when they hired Terry Bowden. SEC football IS the Greatest! I did some time at Louisiana Tech (bulldogs) but didn't become a Georgia fan until after I became a Munson fan while listening at work when the others wanted to listen to the games. This was during Richt's first year. I became a fan of him too but was ready for him to move on before he actually left.

Geffellz18

No ties. Have just always like Bama ever since i can remember.
Thinking back on why, I think it boils down to my aunt that had down syndrome loved them and i was always around her growing up.

Enjoy watching college ball in general though. Like any SEC team besides Aubby or Gayters.
Sister got her under grad from UGA, and just graduated with her Doctorate from Auburn this past Summer. Have a cousin the graduated from UGA too.

fireman401

UGA Bulldog! First in my family to graduate college and finished up with a BSA in 1988, M.Ed. in 1989, Ed.S. in 1995, and a Doctorate in 2010. Don't post much here and unfortunately don't get to attend many games. But I still fly the "G" high, especially with those that got their degrees from other (sometimes questionable) schools.

rejfoxtrot

Georgia Southern Bachelors in IT 2008. I'll have a Masters in IT in from KSU in December.

Dad, Brother, Uncle, Grandfather, Great Grandfather and several cousins all went to Tech. I've been to well over 50 home games at bobby dodd. So I mainly root for GSU and GaTech. I'll pull for the dawgs everyone once and awhile(like this weekend) but watching a drunk UGA fan throw a glass bottle and hit a pregnant women in the head when I was 11 didn't sit well.

formula1

Daily Bible Verse Organizer
re:

UGA fan for life! It is largely because the first college I ever visited was UGA at 6 years old and I guess it left an impression. My sister and my DIL are graduates too. But I went to college where there was no football team anyway and UGA for the aforementioned reasons was a natural fit.

Keep up with GA Southern a little too as my son is a graduate!

MudDucker

Staff member
It took me 6 years at UGA. Partly because of money but mostly because of advanced studies in Partying. I got a doctorate degree in that. It's the strength of my curriculum vitae. :bounce:

I majored in partying in undergrad, but sadly, had to minor during L school. Me and Mr. Cooper out on 78 were great buds and the surprise visits by Lewis Grizzard were awesome. Ol' Kenny Rogers showed up a time or two looking for his construction crew. I cried when I heard they closed!

I have a confession to make, I also hold a degree from UF L school. It was the worst fall ever, until Herschel ran those gaturds flatter than a pancake at Jacksonville. After I collected my winnings, no *******s wanted to talk football with me anymore. :rofl:

Go DAWGS! :banana:

whitetailfreak

I mostly read this forum, and hardly ever post. My step father went to Greer and then on to Clemson, so I've been a Clemson fan since he married my mom about 27 years ago. I was 12.

Coenen

My family was from the Midwest, so I picked up my Dad's fandom of Michigan and Wisconsin. I've since cooled a bit on Michigan, but still root for the Badgers whenever the opportunity arises. I've also got him to thank for my dislike for all things Ohio State, and Penn State related.

Went to school myself at Jacksonville State University. Was in the band in high school, and saw their's (The Marching Southerners) at contest we were at, they blew me away. It was just something I had to be part of. Graduated December of '09, and didn't really start following their football team again until a couple of years ago when I discovered that between ESPN3 and the Ohio Valley Conference Digital Network, I could stream all of the games. It didn't hurt that they had just hired a new coach, and the program was really starting to take off.

Also, there was something that just irked me about all of my friends who went to JSU still insisting on claiming Auburn and UA Tuscaloosa, etc. We had a good program, and were competing for FCS titles, and they couldn't care less. Something about that just made me want to double down on following the Gamecocks.

In state, I've got friends that are die-hard for UGA, and some that are die-hard for Tech. I'm happy to watch/root for either, I just have to be careful about the company I'm keeping at the time.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Auburn is just down the road about a half hour from my hometown. Lots of friends and family have went there. I was gonna go to grad school there until life changed things. Partied there in college with my fraternity and with other friends. Use their vet school on occasion. We like to go there for shopping . Etc
First college game I went to was an auburn game I was like 8 years old.

HunterJoe24

I'm in Junior college now, had a couple of small offers but small football just ain't worth it to me, but been a UGA fan for life. Hopefully trying to get into their pharmacy school in the next year or so

Beartrkkr

Bachelor's & Master's from Clemson.
Was at the game last Saturday vs. Auburn. The journey to and from the stadium was very distracting at times when walking with the family and several pairs of cut off jean shorts (that would make Daisy Dukes blush) were walking just in front of me...not sure they could have been much shorter in the back and still have pockets on them.

My son's a Freshman there and I envy him...there's a lot of talent on and off the field.

westcobbdog

I went to Ga Southern and KSU but my Dad was a UGA grad in the early 50's and started taking me to UGA games in the late 60's.