How to bait for deer?

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I would not worry about placement of the bait. You can put some on the back of your pick-up and monster Bucks will chase you thru a field trying to get to it.

Happens all the time.

It works pretty good if you have a good truck driver that knows his stuff.

coxd

the regs dont say 200 yards and out of plain sight they say 200 yards or within line of sight key word is or.

sorrydog

Just put corn out on the ground or feeder. If game warden says anything, say your feeding the coons and squirrels. Cant help it if the deer want stay out of it! I din;t put it out for them!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
the regs dont say 200 yards and out of plain sight they say 200 yards or within line of sight key word is or.

ocga 27-3-9
(a) the hunting of deer in the northern zone, other than on lands under the ownership or control and management of the state or federal government, if the hunter is at least 200 yards away from and not within sight of such feed or bait; and

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
You can hunt over corn in the northern counties. You don't even need to be overt about it. Just one catch, youre hunting hogs.

Just make sure you leave your grunt call in the truck lol

muzzy17is

Estrous pee on a some tp or cotton of some sort during the rut. Other than that let the deer be, find their natural food sources and hunt them. Imo...baiting is productive but it makes for a lazy hunter.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Isn't there a limit on how many trolls can post in a single thread :stir::stir:

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Estrous pee on a some tp or cotton of some sort during the rut. Other than that let the deer be, find their natural food sources and hunt them. Imo...baiting is productive but it makes for a lazy hunter.

It's unethical to use doe in heat urine.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Okra will draw them in for a close shot.

Yup they do love okra!! Planted it here at home and they would bite the whole pod off it was less than 1". If it was longer, they're bite the end of. I guess because that's tender????

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
Yup they do love okra!! Planted it here at home and they would bite the whole pod off it was less than 1". If it was longer, they're bite the end of. I guess because that's tender????

I've had em eat my plants to a stump

Old Crusty

A bit ironic that a guy with a signature that warns of eternal judgment would be asking for advice on how to break the law.