When to overseed Durana Clover Plots?

destincabo

My property is in extreme south Georgia and I have some Durana clover strips/plots that are one year old. When would be the correct time to overseed with more clover seed? We don't plan on planting our main plots with oats and several clovers until mid/later October.

Thanks for any insight.

Canuck5

Food Plot advisor extraordinaire !
You can wait till mid till late October to over seed. Durana won't germinate until the soil temperature gets cooler.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I'm in west ga , and I done mine today , ran a light disk and fertilized also !

Forest Grump

Follow Canuck5's advice: if you have thin spots, overseed them when you normally plant your cool season annuals.

Putting them out now subjects them to warm temps, degradation by soil organisms if they don't germinate, & drought later if they do.

Clover likes cool soil temps. Plant as usual: if (unlikely) we have weather like last year, the seed will wait. I had beautiful clover this spring that did not germinate until Dec. (My Fall plots looked like nobody planted until Xmas, but unless you build a weather machine...).

destincabo

Follow Canuck5's advice: if you have thin spots, overseed them when you normally plant your cool season annuals.

Putting them out now subjects them to warm temps, degradation by soil organisms if they don't germinate, & drought later if they do.

Clover likes cool soil temps. Plant as usual: if (unlikely) we have weather like last year, the seed will wait. I had beautiful clover this spring that did not germinate until Dec. (My Fall plots looked like nobody planted until Xmas, but unless you build a weather machine...).

Thanks for the advice. I had idle time on my hands and knew it was too early to plant our fall plots and was going to be proactive and get ahead on the overseeing if it made sense. Now that I know it does not, I'll tackle some other projects. I sure hope we don't have a dry fall like we had last year...ridiculous.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
I am in west central ga and never overseed clover before Oct 1st.