Rocky boots

glynr329

I will never buy a pair of Rocky boots again. Had a regular pair sole came apart. Now my snake boots soles are falling off at beginning of hunting season . I bought a pair of cheap boots from Walmart about 3 years ago. I wear them all the time working at property not a problem with them and they have been through a lot. As a matter of fact I have never had sole come off boots. Okay I feel better...lol

ThatredneckguyJamie

I've had my rocky snake boots going on 3 years, the snap at the top broke off and they're certainly scuffed but (knock on wood) they've been some of the best I've owned, and are still water "resistant"

Hillbilly stalker

You would have to catch me stopped at a redlight to throw them things in the back of my truck. Won't own another pair. First snake boots I bought 12 years ago. Held up for around 3 years,comfortable and waterproof . Have owned 3-4 pair since and had problems with every one of them. One pair the sole just disentergrated. You could rub a hole in them with your finger down to the insole, one year old. I tried their warranty department with a pair of snake boots that got my feet wet walking thru a pasture first time. It was a joke. Unless their rubber, your gonna get wet feet. I bought and wore Lacrosse rubber snake boots last year, their dry rotted this year and useless. I have a old pair of muck "Woodey Armour" that are probally 9-10 years old with chaps, they are heavy but hold up. I've walked the camo off them and their still going. Rocky = Junk. Now I feel better too

rip18

BeerThirty

I have owned two pair with mixed reviews.

One pair was a super insulated pack boot, had an insert. They performed well for about 7-yrs, and eventually the rubber just started to dry-rot and separate from the upper leather. I'd say I got my $$$ worth on these.

The other pair was a lighter insulated, gore-tex variety. The rubber soles started peeling away from the rest of the boot within 3-yrs. Very disappointed with these. You spend $175 on a pair of boots and only use them during hunting season, just expected them to last longer.

The last few years I have been giving rubber boots a try, Lacrosse Alpha Burly Pro's with 1600g insulation. Have to say, I was very skeptical about rubber boots, thought they would tear or leak easily, but I have abused them pretty good for 3-yrs and they are still going strong...

For the record, I do maintain my boots with the appropriate leather/rubber conditioners..

cam88

Glad I looked at this thread cause I was going to buy me a pair of Rocky hunting boots.

B

BornNRaised

I love georgia boots....had a single pair for 5 years.

Good boots!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Rockys used to be good, but the last pair I bought fell apart in a short time. I usually buy Danners now.

Hooty Hoot

Gone but not forgotten
I got my moneys worth out of the last pair that I owned. They were $30.00 snake boots from a liquidation place in Tenn. Got three years @ two months per year so I figure they lasted six months. I've never owned a pair of Rocky Boots that I was satisfied with. I have owned my last pair unless I find another $30.00 pair. That is all they are worth in my mind.

Rocky is now owned by Georgia Boots

Ive been wearing Rocky Outback boots since the mid to late 90's. Never had a problem with any of them and until I do that's all ill ever wear. Ive never had any other boots made by them so I cant comment on those. I buy the Outback 2 pair at the time in case they quit making them.

Buckman18

I had one pair of Rockies back around 2002 when I was building houses. They were falling apart within 6 months, complete junk. I switched to Irish Setter/Redwing and have been happy.

I did buy a pair of Rocky snake boots this year when Dick's had a one day sale for ~$85. Theyre still practically brand new so we will see. Based on what i'm reading sounds like I should have just bought the irish setter snake boots?

Hooty Hoot

Gone but not forgotten
I have owned several pairs of Georgia Boot and was satisfied with them. I decided to never buy another pair when I found that Rocky had purchased the company.

triple play

I also wear rocky outbacks. 3-4 pair without any problems what so ever. Those lacrosse rubber boots are another story however-never again.

marathon

I must have gotten lucky with my rocky's. I've had a pair of pro hunters for 20+ years. Only wear them for hunting tho. The soles have the old round cleats, man you can climb the side of a muddy bank like nobody's business. They're still waterproof and keep my feet plenty warm. Maybe they were made a lot better back then.

Bigmonk96

I only owned 1 pair -- bottoms came apart after 6/7 months -- tried to repair with "hot glue" but only made it one more trip,before I threw them in the trash -- never again:mad:

MX5HIGH

I purchased these Rocky boots at a local retailer yesterday to go with my Santa attire. They retail for 149.99 and I paid 59.99. I got home around 5:30 yesterday and I wore them until I went to bed after midnight. I could not believe how comfortable they felt. They appear to be well made and since I'll only be wearing them 2 months out of the year I hope they will last a long time.

blt152

I use to live in Ohio and made several trips over the years to the Rocky showroom store in Nelsonville, Ohio to buy boots. In the day Rocky’s were the boots to have. I’m sorry to say but when production went overseas so did the quality and it never came back. I have a pair of the 800gram thinsulate boots that I bought from an Amish salvage store that were from the old factory. These boots still function as they should with no visible breaking down of the boot. I had a pair of Rocky knee high rubber boots and a pair of Rocky Rattler Snake Boots that the soles plum fell off both of them. That was enough for me to quit buying and promoting the Rocky brand.