• 4-6

Votes: 43 22.2%
  • 7-9

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • 10 plus

Votes: 30 15.5%

• Total voters

CraKaLaCKiN

I've had 6 cams spread over 127 acres for the last 10 months. I have caught the same coyote only twice (consecutive nights) during that time.

Meriwether County

kiltman

I've seen two this past winter, none this spring or summer. I wasn't hunting when I saw them. They were both inside the city limits of Villa Rica on the Douglas / Carroll county border.

andyf

Seen 2 in Jasper county. Shot at 1 but missed. Heard about 15 to 20 howling last night in two different packs. They are thick in this area.

harryrichdawg

I put 1-3, but I wasn't thinking about all the ones I've seen while driving. I saw the same 2-3 coyotes 3 times during bow season in Oglethorpe county last season. Never saw one during gun season. I know they were there, but they just went invisible.

nickel back

no coyotes and only one fawn.

I have seen some nice bucks right down from my house though, 6 to be correct, every morning the same 6(nice ones too!!)

Buck Nasty

Pulled the card on one of my cams for the first time since turkey season.. Usually had one of two, this time ZERO! We do have an active trapping program at our club though.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Over ten on Fort Stewart during the last deer and turkey seasons. Shot and killed two.

They're extremely numerous and healthy out there probably due in large part to all of the young pigs that they can feed on year-round, including the times when deer and turkey get more difficult for them to catch.

If they would stick to killing wild hogs I would feed them and pay their vet bills.

Seth carter

Banned
2 yotes so far in candler but I hear plenty seen lots of foxes

Can't even remember....several. I don't pay em much mind. We've had yotes here since the 70's, and we have just as many (if not more) deer now as then.....and way more turkeys.

joedublin

Why is it that ,if you find a coyote den ,you can't gas' em out under present GA.law. Seems like you ought to be able to kill 'em off any way you can ! Gas dynamite, hand grenades...anything !

C.Killmaster

Georgia Deer Biologist
Why is it that ,if you find a coyote den ,you can't gas' em out under present GA.law. Seems like you ought to be able to kill 'em off any way you can ! Gas dynamite, hand grenades...anything !

Same reason you can't poison animals, you can't control non-targets getting gassed or poisoned. You don't know for certain what animal is in that hole when you dump gas in it.

H

Hammer Spank

Wow.....

GobbleAndGrunt78

Killed one last deer season doing a midday prescout on Sansavilla WMA. Had one charge me during turkey season on Ft Stewart this spring. Saw a black one on the side of the road off Little Neck Rd in Chatham Co.

FD716

Over 10 on Ft Gordon and in Columbia county. Ft Gordon is not doing anything about the coyotes. Biologist said they would manage the deer herd and not worry about the coyote population. There is only a few of us who actively hunt them. All the ones off post in the area are probably spill over from the base. Wish the biologist would run more traplines in the off season since they do not allow trapping by individuals.

01Foreman400

Staff member
Two in the past 12 months. One in the woods while hunting and one on hwy. 78 on the way in to work one morning. I have a trapper on most of my leases as well.

HuntinDawg89

I voted 4-6. Realistically I saw between 5-8 different coyotes last deer season, I just don't know how many I saw twice. I killed 2 and missed 1 and couldn't get a shot at others. I saw 4-5 in one hunt during bow season and didn't get a shot. These numbers don't include the 2-3 that I got on trail cam...no way to know if those were any of the same ones. I don't run many cams since I have a hard time keeping them running and I don't run them all year. This also doesn't include any dead on the side of the road. This was on about 240 acres in Coweta Co.

Kill 'em all.

wolf3006

Killed seven this year,Five with my rifle ,Miss four more,Kill two with my truck on 34 outside Franklin. Twenty plus on sighting still hunting them !