where to buy marine plywood???

goob

Does anyone know where i can buy marine plywood around White, Habersham, Hall counties? Ive called everywhere and it seems nobody has it. Thanks. :huh:

Georgiaastro

You could try Suwanee Lumber Company on Buford Highway in Suwanee, 770-945-2102. May be a little far but they usually have most anything you want.

Larry

rayjay

I called Custom Fiberglass Repair in Buford and they don't have it. They do a lot of boat repair, maybe you could call them and see what they use. 770 945 5750. What are you trying to make ?

cowboyron

If you are going to be laminating over the wood go with Fir. It is a good dry wood and you get a good bond to it. It is much easier to find then marine grade plywood, which is real hard to find these days. What are you doing with it if I'm not being to nosey? I've got 29 years in the fiberglass industry and most of it building and repairing boats if I can be of assistance please let me know. :cool:

goob

boat

I aquired an older model semi-v hull boat and i am putting a new floor in it. I have it tore out im just waiting to get the wood, and then fiberglass it in. Ive never done any fiberglass work but my father has and says he will help me when I need it. I will keep yall in mind if anything comes up. Thanx!

rayjay

red tail

GONetwork Member
Ace hardware in lawrenceville

Killdee

I replaced the floor in my trihull about 12 yr ago and used 1/2'' pressure treated.I let it dry real good then put several coats of poly and glued I/O carpet down.I sold it last year still solid and good as new.
KD

JDAWG

Call US Lumber in Suwannee, ask for Ahsley Kaye, tell him Jeff from Robert Bowden told you to call.