Who mounts squirrels? I got a pretty fox squirrel 1/9/2010 UPDATED WITH MOUNT PIC!

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
guess we cant have an opinonin on here....

The man made this thread, askin` for advice on a taxidermist, not to be chastised for killin` a squirrel that he might or might not eat. That is nobodys business but his own.

Axe

Banned
Beautiful fox squirrel, he will make a awsome mount. The price varies a lot depending on who mounts it but they will average 180-210 bucks. I dont know where you are but Id suggest finding several taxidermist near you and go look at how their squirrels look. Not all taxidermist can make them look natural. Again congratulations and lets some pics when hes finished. Also...thanks Nic for cleaning it up!

Katera73

Nice fox squirrel I have never seen a red one like that most I've seen were grey and black congrats !!!!

Hankus

Frog will mount him. Did a good job on mine, but its been several years and the price has gone up I'm sure.

Huntfish53

Fox squirrel getting mounted for $80... Same guy that mounted my deer.... he did really good job on my deer, so I trust him. He's a taxidermist in Kentucky

Kvillehunter

I shot pretty one season before last,and I didn't think I wanted to have it mounted. I gave 2 a buddy who wanted one to mount. When I saw it man I wished I would have had it mounted myself.

Huntfish53

I will post a pic up as soon as I get him back....

country_guy9734

Here is a pic of one i killed in Fairfield SC. cost about 125. this is the only one i have ever seen. i hope to see a few with diff colors. i will mount them also.

foxsquirrel.jpg

Huntfish53

Squirrel mount is finished.... now I have to make a trip to KY to pick it up....

Huntfish53

Squirrel Mount Pic

Taxidermist had to make him about 1/2" smaller in diameter because of the bullet hole. Still looks good to me though....

Attachments

• P1000232 (1000 x 750).jpg
    P1000232 (1000 x 750).jpg
    267.7 KB · Views: 10,022
R

redneckcamo

nice work ....and great colors in it as well !!

CONGRATS !!

Huntfish53

Jimmy Fuller J&J Archery/Taxidermy in Elkton, Kentucky