Hogs in Lumpkin

Coastie

Anyone ever seen hogs in mountain country in lumpkin county?

Yes, check out the Chetatee WMA and you will find them in that area. They were seen in the area of FS 28-1 about half way between Nimblewill Church Rd. and the Ranger camp several years ago but a local was able to get rid of them before they became a nuisance.

Blast

Also the Black Farms area. To drive there you would have to go through the gate at Camp Merril Army Ranger Training camp. You can walk there by parking at Hightower Gap and taking a trail called Hightower Express that drops straight down into the valley from Hightower Gap. The Appalachian Trail also crosses at Hightower Gap. Black Farms is also the headwaters of the Etowah River. Great camping location.

GA DAWG

They were seen in the area of FS 28-1 about half way between Nimblewill Church Rd. and the Ranger camp several years ago but a local was able to get rid of them before they became a nuisance.
They were some still there last spring..We rode through there and the side of the rd was all rooted up!!! Might be worth checking out..

bany

Here today gone tommorow. That's my impression anyway. They move alot and go far under pressure. But what do i know!

RLTW27

Work at the Ranger Camp and was driving up north of the camp by Rock Creek Lake, rounded the corner about a mile out from the Lake dam and saw a HUGE sow with half a dozen piglets or so in the middle of the road - she was easily pushing 200 + lbs. Of course as soon as they saw my truck they naturally bolted out of there - up hill too. I thought that was kinda strange.

She was jet black with a huge long snout. I was pretty surprised as I walk those mountains routinely and have yet to see one. Too bad its WMA (for me) as I only hunt non WMA land. Pretty cool sight though.