Holster recommedation

abrannon

I recently purchased a S&W MP Shield 45. Now I am looking for a comfortable IWB holster. Has anyone tried carrying their MP Shield yet?

I need a comfortable and concealable holster.

transfixer

I had a Shield for a while, got it with a kydex holster that I wasn't crazy about, then I picked up a DeSantis Cozy partner iwb, its leather, probably one of the most comfortable holsters I've ever used. Not too expensive either. The best iwb holsters I've ever used are MacDaniell II holsters, I still own two of them, but they cost about twice what the DeSantis does.

Dub

i carry guns IWB much bigger than the Shield.

My first choice for any holster is to see if Milt Sparks makes it in their Criterion or Versamax models. The wait time is a bit long......but well worth it. TopGunSupply and others may have their Versamax on sale for quick ship.......check with Mild Sparks first to see who the legit online dealers are.

The Criterion is my favorite as it has a bit more forward cant and the their new magnetic snaps vs the pull-the-dot type.

Their Summer Special II is dang good, too.

During the wait time pick up the cheapest kydex holster you can find to tide you over...........

bighonkinjeep

I like my Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 3. I really like the flat breathable backer. I tried the cozy partner mentioned above but the shape wasn't nearly as comfortable as the AG CT3. I like em so much Inow have 3 setup for different sizes (G42,G19,G20) If carrying IWB a really good belt makes a huge difference and is a must in my opinion. The Alien Gear/ Bigfoot gun belts (Bigfoot makes the belts for Alien Gear I have one of each) are awesome and have a thin strip of stainless reinforcement sandwiched in the middle. They don't sag even when carrying my G20 and I wear my gunbelt every day. Check out the features of the AG online, very comfy and they wont break the bank.

mtstephens18

I bought an alien gear for my shield but it wasn't comfortable to me. I have a crossbreed and a white hat for different guns and I love them both. I wear the crossbreed every day.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Don't have a shield, but I carry a Glock 23 IWB every day, and sometimes a Ruger LC9. After a few years of trying several holsters, the two that fit my needs the best are the Aegis Armory Shield hybrid, and the cheap Uncle Mike's neoprene IWB holsters.

660griz

and the cheap Uncle Mike's neoprene IWB holsters.

Same here for a Shield 9mm. Retention isn't fantastic but, for just walking around, it is fine.

GT-40 GUY

Gone But Not Forgotten
I made this one from parts I got from White Hat Holsters. I had a large peace of cow hide so I cut it out with an exacto knife and screwed it all together. I carry my full size 1911 when the weather is cool. Most of the time it is so comfortable I forget it is on my waist. When it gets hot I cary my LCP in my pocket.

http://aliengearholsters.com

gt40

Attachments

• iwb 3 .JPG
    iwb 3 .JPG
    243.5 KB · Views: 297
  • iwb 1 .JPG
    iwb 1 .JPG
    202.6 KB · Views: 298
  • iwb 2 .JPG
    iwb 2 .JPG
    172 KB · Views: 301
Last edited:

Dub

Milt Sparks Criterions. Unreal comfortable. Disappear from sight and thought.

I have one for 5", 3" and G19

3"

The magnetic snaps on these holsters are outstanding. Easy on/off.

Josey

I have an assortment of Comp-Tac, Stealthgear, and other holsters that are great.

However, I have found myself using my Remora holsters for my Glock 19 and 43. Very comfortable, very inexpensive and very simple. Very similar to Uncle Mike's, except there are no belt clips at all. The outer fabric isn't sticky to the touch, but it grips clothing fiercely and won't move at all.

yaknfish

I've never heard a bad thing about the Crossbreed Supertuck, but haven't tried one. When I go IWB, I either use a High Noon tuckable for my 9 or a cheapo Uncle Mike's for my .380. Check out High Noon's website. They have quite a selection. I also like my 2 holsters from Lobo Gunleather, but haven't tried one of his IWBs.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I got a KYDEX IWB Holster off Ebay and so far I really like it. I use it behind my back and then on my side when in the woods etc.... Works perfect with my Shield 9mm:cheers:

Big7

The Oracle
Uncle Mike's. Been using them for years.

Very comfortable and thin.

Really soft so it won't skin up yer' gun. Or you!

Fairly easy on the wallet too..

They make all sizes. From pocket rockets to big shoulder rigs.

Attached is a pic, front and back of my carry holster.

Can also be worn outside the waist band if you want to.

:clap:

Attachments

• MVC-001F.JPG
    MVC-001F.JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 146
  • MVC-002F.JPG
    MVC-002F.JPG
    56.5 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member

Yep, those are good holsters. I find myself using them instead of my expensive ones often. And they cost like $12. By far the most comfortable holster I've used, and are easy on/off.

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation

I carry my shield in the same holster

abrannon

I went with the DeSantis Insider. Very similar to the Uncle Mikes above. It has a single Belt clip and rides real low. It positions the pistol more for concealment than for easy draw.