Deer Season Prep!

deast1988

I got the ammo, got to get to range An sight in. Been shooting ARs all summer time to break out the bolt actions with the ammo to check An zero.

I'll get targets An set up the range for this coming weekend.

What y'all got left todo?

SC Hunter

I have 9 different rifles that I have to sight in/check before the season. I also need to put burlap around a stand and replace a ladder stand.

wareagle700

I had everything ready this summer. About 2 weeks ago I decided Warne rings weren’t for me and replaced about 4 sets with Burris signature’s. So now I have to go re-zero all those rifles. Other than that i just need to cut some limbs and check for wasp nests.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
I got a 22 hornet. Bore sighted. So no need to go to a range. Just go opening morning. 100yd gun. ;)

BriarPatch99

I normally I take my main rifle out and shoot five shots ... Each shot on a different day ... Hanging the same target each day ... I want to know where my cold bore shots are going ... Not overly concerned about where any shots after "that one cold shot" go .... this is my hunting rifle ... not a target rifle ...

Also helps that I can walk 40 yards out the back door to my range ...

transfixer

Shot my .300blk a good bit this summer, and plan to hunt with it a fair amount, shot my hvy brl .308 also during the summer, and will probably shoot both muzzleloader weekend before I come home. Need to replace the ladder on my tower stand this weekend, and put up some new camo material around another box stand, then I'm good to go.

killerv

I'm getting excited! won't be long.

I've got a few new guns sighted in and ready to roll. Just need to check guns from last season. Working up a load for another. A few limbs to trim and brush up the camo around one stand and I'll be done.

Just put a 1-4 on an AR, the 6yo is ready to kill a deer, he did pretty good out to 100 yd with a red dot at the range, but a felt a scope would be better. Not gonna let him shoot past 50 unless its a pig.

wareagle700

Finally found a few hours where I could do some shooting. Got them all sighted in, now just need to sit back down at the reloading press a few nights this week.

transfixer

Finally found a few hours where I could do some shooting. Got them all sighted in, now just need to sit back down at the reloading press a few nights this week.

You just reminded me I need to do the same thing, for three different rifles ! I've been occupied with bow season and haven't got it done yet,,, gotta get busy .

Will45

I just need to find a place to shoot past 100 yards near Warner Robins. I prefer a 200 yard zero for my hunting rifles and moved some scopes around but need to zero.

Dutch

AMERICAN WARRIOR
Dialed in the new .444 load and Simmons 44 Mag scope.

Not to shabby for 100yds.

Hornady 265gr FP over H322.

Attachments

• 444.jpg
    444.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 337

deast1988

Got my creedmoor dialed in yesterday. The 140 Bergers shooting lights out.

Seed down on a food plot, been raining off an on all day can't beat it. I'm sitting on Go!!

Powerline

Got some time on the bench last night... Ready to give these a try.

Attachments

• IMG_2304.jpg
    IMG_2304.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 247

deast1988

Looks good keep us posted

1895gunner

I'm ready and mostly all packed. My go 2 rifles are both Marlin lever actions. A 444 Outfitter & 45-70 Guide Gun. Just need to buy ice & groceries the day I head out.

Jester896

Senior Clown
I got some brass cleaned...temps getting back to where I can finish my .260 and 6.5WSM ladders. I have 127 LRX GTG...working on 129 ABLR and for the 6.5WSM 142 ABLR