#1 for the Striker longbow

jekilpat

Made a quick, last minute afternoon hunt and finally managed to get one into range. Only a runt, but it counts. Shot a steep angle & guess I only got one lung. Sucker died running down a ridge with a sharp drop off into a gorge. I heard all the normal sounds you look forward to hearing after the shot, except the slide at the end lasted way too long. Sure enough, slid all the way to the bottom of the gorge. Thankfully, I took a tip from Dendy and had my trusty pillowcase and trash bag with me, so I just boned it out and 'billy-goated' back up the hill. I've killed quite a few with the recurve, but I wanted to try a longbow this season - so that's my first ever with it. 50# Striker longbow & TigerShark broadhead.

Attachments

• IMG_1553.jpg
    IMG_1553.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 433

chrisharper

Congrats! I bought a Striker longbow for this season as well. Took my first doe with it a few weeks back. Sweet shooting bow, I love it.

Hillbilly stalker

Outstanding ! Them runts are harder to hit ! Lol ! That's a fine memory you made there. Way to break that longbow in. Congratulations on a fine hunt.

deast1988

Sounds like good evening congrats.

Latest posts