Load for Remlin 30-30

I load for every rifle I own. Mostly bench rifle in 260 and my 7 mm mag. Both Tikkas. I had the Remlin version of the Marlin sitting around for about a year. I loaded up ladder tests with 150 grain Sierra FP bullets using Imr 3031 and H4895. 4-7 inch groups at 100 with cold barrel. Burris full field ii scope. Leupold rings. Base tight. Rings tight. No issues with scope. This has to be the worst rifle I've ever shot or I'm going to have to find different powder and bullets. Maybe it doesn't like 150s.

Dutch

AMERICAN WARRIOR
170gr Speer FP
31.0 grains IMR 4064
CCI 200

My Marlin (JM marked, not a Remlin) likes this load, have killed a fair number of deer with it.

100 yd target last week. Shot off improvised rest on the tailgate.

Attachments

• 3030.jpg
    3030.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 232

Bushwhacker

Speer 130 grain flat point with IMR 3031. Less than 2" at 100 yards. Pretty flat for a 3030 and does a good job killing deer. Use this in my lever-gun and my Savage 340 bolt-action. Savage shoots a little tighter.

GAHUNTER60

Try plain ole 170-grain, green box Remington Core Lokts. If it doesn't shoot those (and I bet it will), then I'd start a loud and long whining campaign to Marlin customer service until they either replace the rifle, or repair it!

Dutch

AMERICAN WARRIOR
Try plain ole 170-grain, green box Remington Core Lokts. If it doesn't shoot those (and I bet it will), then I'd start a loud and long whining campaign to Marlin customer service until they either replace the rifle, or repair it!

From what I hear, since Remington bought Marlin, not only does the workmanship suck, there customer service is nonexistent.

Thankfully all the Marlins I own are pre-Remington.

Buckman18

From what I hear, since Remington bought Marlin, not only does the workmanship suck, there customer service is nonexistent.

Thankfully all the Marlins I own are pre-Remington.

Last year, I bought a new Marlin 1895 in 45-70, and it's a fine rifle. At first it was really stiff, but after working the action a couple 100 times and a firing couple boxes of hornady leverevolutions, and it's really good. Still not quite the same as my old .35 built in 1981, but not bad either.

wareagle700

Hard to beat factory Remington core lokts and Winchester power points in the 30-30. I don't know what it is about them but the 150gr and 170gr loads both shoot great in my Marlins. I have a die set for my 30-30 but still haven't used it due to the relatively inexpensive and accurate factory offerings.

rosewood

I use 34.5 grains of RL15 under a 150 grain hornady and I get just under 2MOA with my Marlin. Velocity is 2235 FPS. I think mine may be JM stamped though.

Rosewood

rosewood

Might want to try a box of factory ammo. If it is still shooting 4-7" groups, call Remington and see what they have to say about it. They may fix it for you.

Rosewood

MOTS

Remington and Browning both suck with the guns they put out today. Just wasting a great name brand for the dollars, about like everything else now days.