Official recommend a taxidermist thread

whgoode

In the Dawson County area see Phil King at "King of the outdoors"! Him and his wife Angie run the business out of there home. They do a great job. Phil has mounted two whitetail for me and several more for a couple of friends of mine. I have a couple pheasant over there now. You can reach Phil at 706-265-6258. Tell him Bill sent you!

CRIMINOLES

High point taxidermy !! Bart Whitman 678-796-4780 he does great work for reasonable prices ! Located in carroll county

RUNnGUN

John Williams at True Image Taxidermy does a great job! He has 5 of our turkeys now and has already done 1. If you have anything that you need mounted give John a call, he has an awesome business and does a great job!

True Image Taxidermy
(912) 585-1620
504 West 1st Street Vidalia, GA 30474
M-F 8-6
https://www.facebook.com/pages/True-Image-Taxidermy/194620577275937

Take a look at his facebook and look at some of his awesome work.

hrstille

Mike Allen Taxidermy
Vidalia, Ga
912-537-2636
picture.php

Last edited:

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
I have 2 that I would refer to anyone without regret and without worry that it would blow back on me. Both do an absolutely wonderful job with reasonable prices and high quality work.

1. Woodys in Bladwin. Since Woody passed a few years back Greg has been running the shop and is still turning out a large number of very high quality mounts. Greg was doing the majority of the deer even when Woody was still alive and the quality is still there! They specialize in deer and fish. You cannot go wrong. I miss that bi annual trip north for sure!

Here is a couple of examples of work they did for us and some fish
bubba4.jpg

P1010134.jpg

jimt.jpg

IMG_1459.jpg

attachment.php

531746_323105101126427_843772736_n.jpg

2. Fortner Taxidermy. Chris does an outstanding job and is has a great following here on the forums and outside the forums. He def cares about his work and follows thru on what he says. He does a little bit of everything. I have never had the opportunity to meet him because I started using him after moving up here but he has done a few mounts for us and has been nothing short of expectations. Prices are great and customer service is even better. Here is a few he has done for us as well.

attachment.php

attachment.php

1236228_379459472157656_1657020381_n.jpg

Check Out Joiners Wildlife Creations in Brooklet, GA

Jason Joiner does a great job on his mounts. He takes a lot of time making sure your trophy looks the best and he pays close attention to every detail. Great guy and great prices.

Jason Joiner
Joiners Wildlife Creations
910 Joiner Rd
Brooklet, GA 30415
(912)682-1679

Attachments

• turkey.jpg
    turkey.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 2,551
  • deer 2.jpg
    deer 2.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 2,512
  • coyote.jpg
    coyote.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 2,560
  • bas.jpg
    bas.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 2,543
  • buckt.jpg
    buckt.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 2,589

JBranch

Smith's Taxidermy in Waycross. He is off of Swamp Road on Howard Lane. (912)-548-3159.
Jody does excellent work, he specializes in deer. He has done a few bears and a cat or two. Does not do birds or fish (other than fan mounts for turkeys). His price for deer is 300 or 275 without plaque. Really fast turn around for European mounts.

Ragnar09

Master Taxidermy in Columbus, GA. Bruce was a great guy and willing to work with my deadline. Great work and had zero complaints.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
SW Georgia - Go to Dawson

Bob Miles Taxidermy
1491 Kennedy Pond Rd
Dawson, GA 39842-3434
(229) 623-5285

Great folks. Take all of our deer processed and mounted there. They are really friendly, professional, and do awesome work.

They have lots of mounts in a room for you to look at and will help you decide what you want done.

I have had shoulder mounts done there and tanned hides.

Don't hesitate to go see them.

I drive my deer from Worth Co all the way to Dawson (hour and half drive roughly) if that tells you anything!

Bob retired after this past season.

7magshooter

McMicken Taxidermy in Cartersville is top notch. His quality is outstanding, very reasonable turnaround time and he has the skill to make just about anything happen in terms of various poses and unique mounts. He has done all my work since 2006.

I can tell you to stay away AT ANY COST from Smith's taxidermy in Alpharetta.

hoytman308

Wilson Taxidermy
1308 Cannon Farm Rd Sw
Oxford, GA 30054
(770) 787-6046

Marty is a great guy and does fantastic work. I have had 3 bucks and a fox mounted by him...very pleased!

Had several deer/ turkeys mounted but Marty. Couldn't ask for a better taxidermist.

Another nod to Knight's Wildlife Studio in Dublin.

(I do look happy, don't I?) :yeah:

Attachments

• Georgia hunt '10.jpg
    Georgia hunt '10.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 2,553
  • Ed & Al celebrate '09 trophies.jpg
    Ed & Al celebrate '09 trophies.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 2,554

tc2015

Knights wildlife studio Dublin GA (478) 275-4112 Tim knight does an excellent job and is very reasonable on all mounts

TriggerHappyJake

Official Recommend a Taxidermist

Rodney Baskin in Carrollton is my go to guy. He's done a coon and a gray fox for me that look like they could get up and walk away at anytime. I worked for him for a few weeks when I got out of high school and observed the great care he took in every mount big and small. He will be getting my business from now on I assure you.