A Few From the Mountains (2021 Turkey pics added to post 201)

tree cutter 08

Dt, everybody's got there own goals for hunting. U stick to shooting whatever u want and everybody else will stick to shooting what they want. I hunt sign. When the sign maker comes through he dies. Be it a 2.5 or 7.5. That's just me. Never criticize another man's deer.

Nice deer! what was the outside spread on the the really
wide buck?

whitetailfreak

Nice deer! what was the outside spread on the the really
wide buck?

He was 19" outside. Joey killed that deer over a scrape line on a bitterly cold evening in December of 2009. We had no prior knowledge of this deer (sightings or pics), he just showed up in Mid Dec. making car hood sized scrapes on a roadbed out a ridge top in Gilmer County. Thanks for the question.

Attachments

• DSCN0780.jpg
    DSCN0780.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 1,401
Last edited:

cliffdweller

Dang Kris!! Tell Joey congrats on that one! That is a stud for Gilmer...very impressive. And I always enjoy how you tell it happened. I like to know that eventually a buck that WILL make a carhood sized scrape can actually show up during daylight hours. Good stuff man... good stuff! Can't wait for more....

whitetailfreak

The guys that have posted here enjoy seeing the fruits of hard work and the success that folks have in the mountains. Most of us sincerely would like to see your pics, and congrats on your success. Please start your own thread and dont post them here.

DT, This thread is not the place to post your pics. Please delete them and start your own thread, and direct it towards anyone you want.

whitedog

To the a-hole who said to post pics of my "Mountain". Ive been taking two mature bucks a year since I was 10 years old. Arnt you a little old to be talking trash to a 20 year old who obviously knows his way around the mountain?

:D DT, do you have some kill pics to go with those racks? As WF suggested, please start a thread and post them up.

Rob

Whitetail freak, very nice deer - it has been years 20+ since I have hunted in the mountains (cohutta) and any deer is an accomplishment in that area. I have lived and hunted in numerous states and public land mountain deer are among the toughest to hunt. They are difficult to hunt physically due to the terrain and difficult to hunt mentally due to the low density numbers and other hunters. Congrats and thank you for sharing; seeing your pics always brings back fond memories.

muzzy17is

Very nice, I hope move up that way in a few years. I have family in Ringgold, Ga; that's where I'm heading to spend my retirement. Hunting and r&r is what I have in mind.

kingfish

Even with some of the negative hoo-haw, this is one of the most enjoyable threads on the forum. I read quite a bit on how few and far between mountain bucks are, and how difficult the terrain is. Yet you guys are doing a bang up job staying on top of the game up there. Hats off to you and keep posting pictures !!

Kingfish

whitetailfreak

Thanks for the kind comment. We'll hunt these mountains as long as the Good Lord allows. As far as the negative comments, they were made by one kid who at the time had been on the forum less than a week. I take it with a grain of salt. Im glad you enjoy the pics.

Last edited: