Lake Russell?

AliBubba

Anyone going this weekend for the primitive weapons hunt? I tried to check/sign-in online but couldn't. Have to get the permit at the chick-in station.

j_seph

Will be there Sat and Sunday

Flaustin1

I was gonna go, little one got the flu and the wife has to work. My deer will be safe till next year.

j_seph

lol... don't bet on it!
I and a friend will be around Cannon Rd.. south end of the WMA Friday PM...
We have 3 stands hung there already and flagged with 3 colors of tape (since Sunday):yeah::pop::rolleyes:

j_seph

you better not be in my spot
I'll be in that big poplar tree, I'll climb up high enough so you can get on up the tree under me. If we can get Jeremy to come and climb as well we should have the North, East, and West covered of that thicket to the South. Just let me know so I will know whether to climb 20 foot for 2 or 30 foot for 3 hunters

Dana Young

I'll be in that big poplar tree, I'll climb up high enough so you can get on up the tree under me. If we can get Jeremy to come and climb as well we should have the North, East, and West covered of that thicket to the South. Just let me know so I will know whether to climb 20 foot for 2 or 30 foot for 3 hunters

We'll get back to you on that

Buford_Dawg

How did this hunt go?

What was killed? I use to hunt it every year, but got tired of the crowds. Used to be a great hunt.

goshenmountainman

Last night there had been 19 killed, two or three bucks the biggest being a 5 point. I saw lots of doe and one good buck running a doe. Couldn't get a shot on the buck and let all the doe walk. Wiley coyote came by and didn't get so lucky.

JerseyJim

Lake Russell

I hunted there Friday and Saturday.
I let some does go by hoping for Mr Big. That never happened..Lots of sign but he just didn't show himself.
I will go back next year.
Jim