J.A. Henckels Four Star on sale at Macy's

Dr. Strangelove

I just picked up this three piece set for $75.00 with the Friends and Family discount, it's still only $100 right now otherwise:

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/zwilling-ja-henckels-four-star-starter-cutlery-set?ID=713703&CategoryID=31760&LinkType=#fn=BRAND%3DJ.A. Henckels%26PRODUCT_DEPARTMENT%3DCutlery%26sp%3D1%26spc%3D54%26kws%3Dzwilling%26slotId%3D38

Fit and finish is awesome as expected from Henckels. I have set of Four Stars from 1997 and I will say that the new ones are noticeably lighter with visually thinner blades at the spine. Just an observation, it's up to the eye of the knifeholder if that's a positive or a negative.

They slice like a tiny ninja turned loose on your cutting board, they're like really sharp extensions of your hand.

The set includes an 8" chef's, 5" serrated utility, and 4" paring. The chef's and paring knives shave out of the box. It's a great deal for $100 if you're looking for a good set of knives for yourself or a gift. My brother is getting a set for Christmas from me.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I have the Chef's knife as well as their fillet knife. Excellent blades!

Dr. Strangelove

Here's the fam:

photo2_zps1a384bdf.jpg

From the left - 8" chef's (new), 6" chef's, 5" serrated utility (new), 4" paring(new), 3" paring.

Sorry for the poor pic, but if you look, you can tell I have sharpened the belly out of the chef's and paring over the last 17 years!

They've been great knives, they are well worth the money.