Jasper co trespasser/poacher

bilgerat

Senior
got this dude walking by my cam week before {date n time are wrong} last in SW Jasper co off Juilette rd, thought it was one of My club members when I first looked at it on My digital camara but after looking at it full screen on My lap top I realized its not. This is only about 100yds from my camp!
same night I got the buck ive been hunting On the same camera .

Attachments

• dc 005.jpg
    dc 005.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 2,417
  • dc 008.jpg
    dc 008.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 2,423

Scrapy

Banned
Last year a fellow caught me on a trail cam. He asked me if I had been there and I said yes, I was getting my dog off a tree. He said yes it was a plain picture of you and your dog but where was your rifle? I said I just get my dog and leave the rifle in the truck whenever he gets off of where I am hunting. He said that cam was on that corn pile and there was coons on it before your dog got there. I said well I did take just a second to shine up there and several were looking down so I left. He said I am going to be bringing the Boy Scouts again this year in about two weeks and you will come back and hunt then won't you? and I said yes I'll be looking forward to it.

Actually, my endeavor/encounter was in Colleton County, not Jasper County. I understand there is a mishmashed kind of a thing goin on down there, what with newbies and renters and all that stuff.

Last edited:

Scrapy

Banned
I mostly have to protect my land and young trees from from fire, which I do with fire breaks . The SC Forestry Commission can plow new ones cheaper than I can. If they can't get there it will cost me more time and effort but I can get it done if need be. People trespass. I know it and it worries me about like a lady sticking her toe in the hot tub and say, Oh ,that's too cold, and pulls her toe back out. I'll get busy and do something about it . Trespassing to me is where Ingress and egress rights over my property to get to your property ain't fixing to happen lest you sign something for a dollar a year ingress thing. That's 9 nine years worth of trespassing for free in yalls mind. But not mine. Having a friend Dowsing a toe in the hot tub is just funsies to me.

whitedog

I mostly have to protect my land and young trees from from fire, which I do with fire breaks . The SC Forestry Commission can plow new ones cheaper than I can. If they can't get there it will cost me more time and effort but I can get it done if need be. People trespass. I know it and it worries me about like a lady sticking her toe in the hot tub and say, Oh ,that's too cold, and pulls her toe back out. I'll get busy and do something about it . Trespassing to me is where Ingress and egress rights over my property to get to your property ain't fixing to happen lest you sign something for a dollar a year ingress thing. That's 9 nine years worth of trespassing for free in yalls mind. But not mine. Having a friend Dowsing a toe in the hot tub is just funsies to me.

Exactly!

Scrapy

Banned
He said yes it was a plain picture of you and your dog but where was your rifle? I said I just get my dog and leave the rifle in the truck whenever he gets off of where I am hunting.

It looks like the stock of rifle at his left hip and the end of barrel above his shoulder.:huh:

Hey, dats his pic of somebody. I was facing the cam on mine and looking fine. Dog too evidently .

GT-40 GUY

Gone But Not Forgotten
I would think that is would be important to keep the time and date correct on your camera incase you need it for evidence. It is very easy to fix so why not.

gt40

PS: Looking at the persons hair it might be a woman.

bilgerat

Senior
forgot to reset the time n date when I changed the batteries eariler that eve, I had hunted a stand 30 yards from the camera and re set it when I got down around 6.15pm on dec 6th, best I can figger from the time he came by about 30 mins after I left. somewhere around 6;45 to 7pm. its close to the property line so Im going over to the neighbors club after Christmas and see if it one of their guys. They also have been cutting trees over there so it might be one of the loggers

Tenpin

forgot to reset the time n date when I changed the batteries eariler that eve, I had hunted a stand 30 yards from the camera and re set it when I got down around 6.15pm on dec 6th, best I can figger from the time he came by about 30 mins after I left. somewhere around 6;45 to 7pm. its close to the property line so Im going over to the neighbors club after Christmas and see if it one of their guys. They also have been cutting trees over there so it might be one of the loggers

Logger with a rifle?

shirttail

I don't see a strap on that gun......... makes me think it is a 22 or a shotgun.