Shoal Bass Bust

blink

RFC Keith Page and K9 Drake checked a man wading in the Flint River who was in possession of 15 shoal bass, which is 5 over the limit. K9 Drake was deployed and located more wildlife in possession of the individual. In total the man was found to have 25 shoal bass, 17 of which were under the legal size limit of 12 inches for the Flint River. The fish were seized and given to a less fortunate family and the suspect was charged with multiple charges.

10580755_397352023750329_174531842379271196_o.jpg

grizman12

Good for them, rather have these poachers looking over their shoulders when they take fish out of our streams and disrespect the environment. Should be a regular occurrence.

WinMag.300

ridiculous

they should publically shame this individual.

blink

I saw this on the DNR's FB page.
I wanted to make sure the story spread across other mediums.
So if youguys are on other forums, share.

matto113

Most of those look to be tiny. Guy should learn how to go catch some bluegill and probably get more meat anyway.

grizman12

It'd be one thing if it was an accident, but putting 17 fish of all sizes on a stringer is no mistake. I'd highly doubt it's the individuals first time either.

Klag

I hope the fines/penalties are enough to make him never do it again and not just some slap on the wrist!

steelshotslayer

As I posted to DNR's page when this story first showed up. I am extremely happy to see them stepping up enforcement along the upper flint being a local I see occurrences like these all to often while floating and there isn't much one can really do besides call and file a complaint. I hope this will make some of the morons think twice, shoal bass have a hard enough time getting big as it is.

blw

Good for the DNR !!!
If they would patrol the Hooch in the Atlanta area, they could write many tickets most any day through the summer.
Keep giving tickets to the poachers of all kinds.

Zebco 33

Sad news is the guy will wind up - I AM A POTTY MOUTH -- I AM A POTTY MOUTH -- I AM A POTTY MOUTH -- I AM A POTTY MOUTH -- I AM A POTTY MOUTH -- I AM A POTTY MOUTH - at the wildlife officer for catching him rather than learn why there are limits.

Secondly the same guy 10 years from now will be - I AM A POTTY MOUTH -- I AM A POTTY MOUTH -- I AM A POTTY MOUTH -- I AM A POTTY MOUTH -- I AM A POTTY MOUTH -- I AM A POTTY MOUTH - because his stretch of water has no more shoal bass.

They never learn. Hope they get him good.

Dirk

I wonder how much they will fine the guy, and if they took away all his fishing gear used to do the poaching??? When it is OBVIOUS that the poacher knew he was poaching and did it anyway (like this situation) I think they should confiscate all his gear, as well as take away his fishing license, and very large fine.

I doubt they will though and probably less $ than Seabolt got for having a light out on his boat trailer the other day...!!! :banginghe facepalm: :whip:

StriperrHunterr

I wonder how much they will fine the guy, and if they took away all his fishing gear used to do the poaching??? When it is OBVIOUS that the poacher knew he was poaching and did it anyway (like this situation) I think they should confiscate all his gear, as well as take away his fishing license, and very large fine.

I doubt they will though and probably less $ than Seabolt got for having a light out on his boat trailer the other day...!!! :banginghe facepalm: :whip:

Agreed.