VA Claims

Have you received a finding? This will be in your approval letter,which you should keep forever.

b rad

back pay i believe is only if u filed within a year of getting out and they go back to the date of ur eoas

date of filing and if you file with another claim before the first is completed the time starts all over from the date of the second filing.

crackerdave

Y'all say a prayer for my dad, my mom had to drive him to the hospital last night because he became lethargic and was not breathing well. They had to put him on the vent to get his O2 up and CO2 down.

Prayers from here,brother.Hope all's well with your Dad now.

lbzdually

Banned

He got out Thursday, only 3 days after being put on the vent. He is a tough man, I wish I was half as tough as him.

lbzdually

Banned
Have you received a finding? This will be in your approval letter,which you should keep forever.

My dad? He has his letter and he got approved for 3 things, but has not gotten a letter stating percentages. I just hope he gets enough to get a van so he can drive his scooter right up in it and for a lift chair. He gets so out of breath just getting up to go places, he often has to cancel trips.

dslc6487

Sir: All may be settled with you as of now, but I will share my experience with you. I am a disabled, combat veteran of Vietnam. There is 68-69. Most all of my help in filing came through the State of Ga. Veterans Service Rep and from the VA rep. at my Congressmans office. It was a long process. From the day I filed, it took me 10 years to finally get to 100%. The DAV gave me NO help at all. I know some veterans have had good success with DAV, but not me. In talking with some veterans of the most recent middle eastern conflict, there process has been somewhat shorter and easier, but back when I started to apply, the VA fought me all the way. I never filed but what they turned me down. That would make me mad and even more determined. I would tell you this: DO NOT GIVE UP. That is what they want you to do. Whomever you use to help you with your process, DO NOT GIVE UP. If they turn you down, keep on appealing. Also, there are some law firms out there that will help you, but they get their cut of your disability.. I have a friend that is now going that route. Good luck, my fellow veteran, and I hope you get ALL that you are eligible for.

lbzdually

Banned

He has been drawing for a few years now and they have been paying him as a single man instead of married. A few weeks ago he went to the VA to a treatment of Retoxin for his RA. It's supposed to help stop the progression and allow the body to build back up. His neck is so degenerated so bad they said he no longer has space between his vertebrae, and he can't have surgery because of his breathing problems. Since the treatment, he has been in very bad shape. His heart rate has been going from 80 beats a minute to 140+, up and then back down over and over. He is so tired he can barely walk to the bathroom. It's so hard to see someone you love suffer for so long. :(

specialk

I just wanted to step in here and thank each and everyone of you for your service to our great country.....it's a shame the way our .gov treats our vets sometimes....

Cmp1

BANNED
Sir: All may be settled with you as of now, but I will share my experience with you. I am a disabled, combat veteran of Vietnam. There is 68-69. Most all of my help in filing came through the State of Ga. Veterans Service Rep and from the VA rep. at my Congressmans office. It was a long process. From the day I filed, it took me 10 years to finally get to 100%. The DAV gave me NO help at all. I know some veterans have had good success with DAV, but not me. In talking with some veterans of the most recent middle eastern conflict, there process has been somewhat shorter and easier, but back when I started to apply, the VA fought me all the way. I never filed but what they turned me down. That would make me mad and even more determined. I would tell you this: DO NOT GIVE UP. That is what they want you to do. Whomever you use to help you with your process, DO NOT GIVE UP. If they turn you down, keep on appealing. Also, there are some law firms out there that will help you, but they get their cut of your disability.. I have a friend that is now going that route. Good luck, my fellow veteran, and I hope you get ALL that you are eligible for.

This right here,,,,