Canoe trip

twtabb

Took son on local creek. We caught enough to eat in about three hours.
Built a mount for trolling motor but need to move battery forward. Any other suggestions for rigging canoe.
Thanks

Not a permanent solution, but I used a pair of jumper cables to play with the battery placement while on the water to see where I liked it best before dropping money on wiring.

twtabb

Definitely want to move some weight around. Fought the canoe wanting to go back first.
Trolling motor was in the way some. Had it on my right side may move it.

Plan on another trip soon.

SASS249

You probably already know, but if you mount a trolling motor on the canoe you will need to have it registered.

I fish almost exclusively out of my canoes, but make very few modifications to them. One of the advantages of a canoe is its versatility and light weight. I like to build modular units that I can drop into the boat depending on what I am doing. I have different units built for fishing versus camping or just day tripping. that way it remains easy to cartop the boat and just drop in what i need for the day.

SASS249

I thought electric motors didn't have to have registrations with dnr?

A lot of people think that which is why I try to remind folks. Here is the link to the registration requirements:
http://gadnrle.org/register-boat-pwc

Georgia Certificate of Boat Registration

You must have a Georgia Certificate of Boat Registration and a validation decal to legally operate your boat or personal watercraft on public waters in Georgia. The only exceptions are:

Sailboats under 12 feet in length
Canoes, kayaks, rowboats and rubber rafts that have no mechanical propulsion (i.e., are paddled, poled, oared or windblown)
Boats operated exclusively on private ponds or lakes

Some DNR Rangers will issue warnings but not always. Nothing ruins a day on the water more than a citation.

twtabb

So if trolling motor is laying in bottom of canoe I'm good but if mounted to the side it must be registered?����Censored♂️

T-N-T

So if trolling motor is laying in bottom of canoe I'm good but if mounted to the side it must be registered?����Censored♂️

I'd imagine.