NRA Carry Guard Insurance

SWAMPFOX

I'm looking at the above since me and my wife both have concealed carry permits here in Fla. We also have a pretty strong stand your ground law here as well. But we lived in litigious times and I'm thinking it's better to be safe than sorry since we're both on up in years and retired.

Any thoughts, pro or con, on the above insurance in case I get sued by someone I have to shoot.

Thanks.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
If I have to shoot someone, I don't think they will be suing me.

Their family might, but I don't plan on them being around to sign no lawsuit papers.

I have been wondering if that would be a good idea too.

following this thread

NOYDB

BANNED
To a tort lawyer getting the insurance can indicate that if you do shoot someone it's because you planned it.

swamp hunter

Good Point..
He was prepared to use Deadly Force as you can see Ladies and Gentlemen...

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
To a tort lawyer getting the insurance can indicate that if you do shoot someone it's because you planned it.

I think that could be shot down pretty quick by an attorney. Particularly if it had been in force for a while.

Would it be better to hope that you never need the insurance and then when you do, pay the big bucks our of your pocket for an attorney? I don't have the answers.

kind of looks like a durned if you do, durned if you don't scenario

Josey

I think that particular insurance, and many others like it, are snake oil. As I understand it, it only kicks in after you are found not guilty. Meaning it is a reimbursement, does not get you a lawyer or necessarily cover the cost of one. But I've never really researched it.

Keep in mind that the NRA and any vendor it "brands" have one primary purpose only. To make money, and lots of it.

Jack Ryan

I'm looking at the above since me and my wife both have concealed carry permits here in Fla. We also have a pretty strong stand your ground law here as well. But we lived in litigious times and I'm thinking it's better to be safe than sorry since we're both on up in years and retired.

Any thoughts, pro or con, on the above insurance in case I get sued by someone I have to shoot.

Thanks.

There's better insurance and there is better and better value training.

It's an insurance scam.

transfixer

I went to a " seminar" put on by one of the local gun ranges a couple years ago, it was on what to do if you were involved in a shooting, had a lawyer there, and a GSP lieutenant , some good info, but it basically was trying to sell you a membership to an organization that would provide you a lawyer if you were ever involved in a shooting, supposedly 24/7 availability, I don't remember cost specifics, but I didn't see the value, and while the information they gave was good, I still had the feeling of " snake oil salesman" like someone else said, if I have to fire my gun in self defense, it will be a life or death situation, and I don't intend on the person on the other end of my weapon being available later to sue me! If I lose,,,? then I won't be around to be sued ,,,, a non issue

The NRA does some good work when it comes to lobbying politicians, but I've always had a problem with the things they do to raise money,