2017 Official Alabama Football Thread

Unicoidawg

Staff member
Note: There will be an official thread for every team that has a big enough following here on GON. Most of us regulars have been here long enough to know who cheers for who and what not. These threads are meant for the fans of that school... That being said you can post in these threads if you are not for that school, just make make sure it is in a positive way. There will be no trash or smack talk tolerated.... This is your warning... and violators will be dealt with swiftly. Only one thread per team, any others found will be deleted once they are found. We enjoy the smack talk at times from rivals and such but these thread will not be used for that purpose..Carry on in the other threads as you wish as long as it's within the forum rules. We want the forum members to have a place to go talk about their football team without having to deal with smack talk from rival fans. We can all hold off of the nonsense in these threads, there are plenty of others for that types stuff. Infractions will be issued for any nonsense. Consider these threads to be like the "On Topic" forum and treat them as such.

westcobbdog

Roll Tide. I passed Kenyon Drake jogging down the road one afternoon a few weeks ago in W Cobb. Scorcher of a day and he's jogging to get in shape for camp. Solid guy and hope he sticks in the NFL for a long time.

fairhopebama

What are your thoughts 3 games in? Mine? Not sure what is going on with the Defense. I know we have some big time starters out and I thought the back ups did well in the FSU game but that has fallen off the last 2 games. Offensively, Jalen looks good when he runs but he is still not getting through his progressions before taking off. OL looks better but still needs work. We may have a kicker inside of 40 yards now which is good. We are very talented at the WR position but Jalen seems to look at only one option before taking off.

Matthew6

Banned thug
What are your thoughts 3 games in? Mine? Not sure what is going on with the Defense. I know we have some big time starters out and I thought the back ups did well in the FSU game but that has fallen off the last 2 games. Offensively, Jalen looks good when he runs but he is still not getting through his progressions before taking off. OL looks better but still needs work. We may have a kicker inside of 40 yards now which is good. We are very talented at the WR position but Jalen seems to look at only one option before taking off.

jalen needs to be careful. if he gets hurt bama will not make the play off.

rhbama3

Administrator
Staff member
My opinion is we are a good team but not championship caliber right now. The good news is we should get back Raashan (sp?) Evans as starting ILB this week. This is big but we still lost 3 other linebackers for the year and now Forrestal is gone at TE as well. The O-line is improving but still has trouble with the pass rush and even run blocking at times. Hurts is getting better but still has oddball moments. Damien and Najee Harris are good but can't seem to get much yardage after contact. Same with Bo. Your top rusher should NEVER be your dadblame QB.
The problems are numerous:
We don't have a pass rush with the 4 man front. It takes a DB blitz to collapse the pocket but leaves a receiver open somewhere.
Minkah Fitzpatrick is outstanding but he has little help outside of Tony Brown and Ronnie Harrison( at times). Anthony Averett and Mack Wilson got eaten alive by that 6'5" colorado state receiver no matter which route he took.
Trevon Diggs is not a very good punt returner.
The defense just needs a field general. Right now no one has stepped forward to replace the Don'ta Hightowers and Rolando McClains of previous teams.
Hope to see a drastic change in the next two weeks.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
45 to zilch over Vandy with the last score coming from our 2nd string Freshman QB buzzing one on a rope to a freshman 2nd string Reciever. This lefty QB is gonna be a real weapon.

Matthew6

Banned thug
45 to zilch over Vandy with the last score coming from our 2nd string Freshman QB buzzing one on a rope to a freshman 2nd string Reciever. This lefty QB is gonna be a real weapon.

this^^^^^. great kid and great family too. they relocated from hawaii to alabama to support this kid. they have another son playing hs ball at qb that is a good one too. you know

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
52-zilch

This kid has an arm and some moxie. He ain't skeered to stay in the pocket and fire one off while knowing he's about to get hammered.

I'm guessing this is going to be a basketball score blowout.

Good grief, this group of freshmen are more exciting than the starters.