Random...Thinking about UGA vs. Florida 2015 (Faton Bauta)

44magpastor

For some reason, I woke up thinking about the 2015 UGA-Florida game. You know, the game where Richt suddenly decided to start his 3rd string QB...The one who hadn't taken a snap all season.

I know. I know. Its old news. We have a new coach and a great young qb....and lots of potential for the upcoming season.

But I don't think I've ever witnessed a stranger football game.

I could understand making a change at qb, because Greyson Lambert had not been great. I could even understand starting Bauta, even though he hadn't taken a snap all season. The narrative was that Bauta was a better runner and Georgia was going to employ some run-pass options, etc. with him.

I couldn't understand keeping the same offense with Bauta. Nor could I understand leaving him in the game, when it was painfully obvious he didn't have prayer. The poor kid threw 4 picks and we lost by 24 points.

The boy never played another snap after UF.

Conspiracy theorist suggest Richt knew he was going to be fired....So he started Bauta, in order to give UGA the middle finger. I can't believe that's true.

I have to wonder...what in the world was Richt thinking?

Not in starting the kid....In letting him play the whole game, with disastrous results?

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
iirc There was pressure to start bauta because everyone else sucked

Latest posts