Cute little vintage file knife just completed

godogs57

Dug an old old file out of my stash and worked up two blades this past week. This one is a smallish 3" blade knife with copper furniture and elk handles off a shed I found two years ago elk hunting in northern NM. Love making these cute knives from old rusted up carbon steel. The other blade from the file is similar, but 4" long. Not yet finished but one of the member's here has an idea for it....more on that later.

Hope you enjoy looking...this pic is fresh out of the shop, ready for a sheath to be made.

HH_small_file_knife.jpg

wvdawg

Staff member
Wow! She is a beauty!

walkinboss01

Very nice work

QuakerBoy

That's stunning

lagrangedave

Gone But Not Forgotten
Very nice and just reminded me that I never properly thanked you for the beautiful Billy knife that you made for me. Kinda like a grand slam. I now have a Raleigh Tabor, a Ronnie Gore, yours, and a Wendell Carnes.

godogs57

Very nice and just reminded me that I never properly thanked you for the beautiful Billy knife that you made for me. Kinda like a grand slam. I now have a Raleigh Tabor, a Ronnie Gore, yours, and a Wendell Carnes.

Looks like I'm in good company there! You're very welcome....get that thing bloody this fall!

K80Shooter

Very nice knife!