Archery Qualification FT Stewart

Stackem

For anyone that is interested, I just called pass and permit to see about getting set up to qualify and was told this is no longer a requirement to bow hunt anywhere on the base....anyone heard the same...I for one am glad...one less thing to worry about.

Dog Hunter

Archery Qualification Schedule

Fort Stewart or Hunter AAF.

ALL archery hunters must successfully complete a qualification session.

Archery qualification sessions are now available by appointment only, contact the Pass and Permit Office at Fort Stewart (912-435-8061) or the Skeet Rangeat HAAF (912-315-9354). Shooters must hit 2 out of 3 arrows in the target at both 20 and 30 yards. A $5 processing fee will be charged.

A one time archery qualification is required to archery hunt on Fort Stewart and Hunter AAF, no matter what area you plan to hunt.

Certain training areas require completion of an annual qualification, contact Pass and Permit for those specific areas.

From website today. May want to ask again and be certain.

Archery Qualification Schedule

Fort Stewart or Hunter AAF.

ALL archery hunters must successfully complete a qualification session.

Archery qualification sessions are now available by appointment only, contact the Pass and Permit Office at Fort Stewart (912-435-8061) or the Skeet Rangeat HAAF (912-315-9354). Shooters must hit 2 out of 3 arrows in the target at both 20 and 30 yards. A $5 processing fee will be charged.

A one time archery qualification is required to archery hunt on Fort Stewart and Hunter AAF, no matter what area you plan to hunt.

Certain training areas require completion of an annual qualification, contact Pass and Permit for those specific areas.

From website today. May want to ask again and be certain.
Been this way since Ft Stewart and Hunter opened back up in 75

Stackem

912 435 8061 said they no longer schedule appts to qualify. I as much as anybody want to knowmif thats not correct but they were adament that appts were no longer scheduled.

uturn

Ain't Nothin Changed!

Some Good Huntin on Stewart...Still!!

Boy I was wrong here my apologies...the new system does not seem to be quite in place..seems there may not be much Huntin there this year?

Last edited:

BowArrow

Will FS have the man power to conduct these test with all of the reduction in man power? Apparently annual test were required if you hunted the G areas.

Stump06

A buddy and his dad went down and registered last week he said they didn't have to qualify with archery equipment which surprised me. Not sure why they dropped it.

Garnto88

They should drop it. If you don't do it for firearms don't do it for archery. Always seemed rediculous to me to have the rule.

bowboy1989

Archery Qualification no longer in affect at ft Stewart had a. I had two buddy's last week go down and they no longer do it get a a pass and go hunt. Gun registration still in affect tho

Mudfeather

They have done away with pass and permit office all together. You are suppose to get all your stuff on line now. Also they have done away with their own game wardens. It is being shifted back to the MP's to force the regs.