Piedmont NWR

Chestnut

Looking for any info about the hunts they have there
and what are the changes of getting picked ...
always new where it was and never hunted that part of Jasper co . , till this season ..
Most times all I hear is the bad stories about the rangers and rules ?? :huh: :huh: :whip: :whip:
Never had any problems on Cedar creek or Redland's
before ,
thanks
chestnut

ucfireman

Deadline is 8-30-2017. Chances are good and if they don't get 1250 applications per hunt you can purchase a permit that wasn't drawn for. I hunted 1 time and never saw the ranger. Rules are rules, not bad though, just like any WMA more or less.

Chestnut

Piedmont nwr

WILL TRY , NOTHING TO LOSE
HUNT OFF JULLITTE ROAD OFF 83 HWY
AND OFF HWY 11 ACROSS THE ROAD
JUST SO CLOSE , MIGHT NO GET THIS CHANGE AGAIN . ME AND FRIENDS ARE GETTING OLD 60, 70 , 80 LOOKS LIKE 2 MAN BLINDS AND ONE CHAIR 100- 200 OFF ROADS AND MAYBE THE POWERLINES ??? TO START
THANKS FIREMEN :cool::clap::cheers:::ke::cheers:

bilgerat

Senior
plan to get as far off the road as you can and plan to stay all day, when other hunters get the late morning restlessness and head back to the truck you need to be ready. also the seed ticks are bad down there, be prepared

ucfireman

Last year I stopped off 11 (I think). About 10-15 trucks on the side of the road. I went across the street and was by myself. Saw deer and I wasn't 500 feet off the road.
Everyone says go deep but if everyone is deep then why wouldn't they spook the deer to closer to the road?
Find a good looking spot and hunt it! If its close to the road bring earplugs, if its deep bring water.