Private Property

I was hoping someone could possibly answer a question for me. We have a tract of property in north Georgia that is a family farm. The property belongs to my father and aunt (it was passed down from my grandfather). I currently live in Florida and would like to bow hunt the property. I was told that I needed a hunting license but the deer stamps are free because its private property? Does anyone know if this is true? I have called the DNR but have not reached anyone in law enforcement who can help me. I want to make sure I am fully legal when it comes time to let the arrow fly (optimistic). Thank you to anyone who has any information. I would also be interested in possibly teaming up if anyone is interested. It is great property with a nice layout for bow hunting. Its southwest pickens county if anyone has any tips or pointers they are much welcomed. Thank you.

C.Killmaster

Georgia Deer Biologist
I was hoping someone could possibly answer a question for me. We have a tract of property in north Georgia that is a family farm. The property belongs to my father and aunt (it was passed down from my grandfather). I currently live in Florida and would like to bow hunt the property. I was told that I needed a hunting license but the deer stamps are free because its private property? Does anyone know if this is true? I have called the DNR but have not reached anyone in law enforcement who can help me. I want to make sure I am fully legal when it comes time to let the arrow fly (optimistic). Thank you to anyone who has any information. I would also be interested in possibly teaming up if anyone is interested. It is great property with a nice layout for bow hunting. Its southwest pickens county if anyone has any tips or pointers they are much welcomed. Thank you.

You will need a hunting license and big game license. The free landowner licenses (which includes both) only apply to resident landowners and their immediate family residing in the same household.

You will need a hunting license and big game license. The free landowner licenses (which includes both) only apply to resident landowners and their immediate family residing in the same household.

This^^^^^