What kind of material/wrap for metal tubing frame tower stand?

OleHickory

I have some metal tubing framed tower stands I recently acquired and the factory wrap that is on them needs to be replaced. I like camo netting but I would prefer something that would block the wind a little better. For the top I could zip tie a tarp and make it rain proof, but I am wanting some suggestions for the wrap.

Thanks in advance!

GAbuckhunter88

We typically get heavy duty painters canvas. We will spray the inside with waterproof spray such as camp dry. Then we take and spray the outside with paint to camo it up.

Relatively easy and cheap to do, plus it usually last a while.

Attachments

• IMG_0026.jpg
    IMG_0026.jpg
    218 KB · Views: 651

Gone Fishin

Used billboard tarps are supposed to be very durable.

Gut Shot

For your roof, use a plastic truck bed liner, used car lots usually take them out of trucks, they will either sell them to you really cheap or give them to you to get rid of them.
MY motto is; "cheap or free, that works for me."
Also they work really well when you are trying to get materials moved out to your blind too. I have tied a rope through a bed liner, then to the back of my 4 wheeler, load it up with materials, tools etc and drag it to your blind location, it sure beats carrying all of that stuff out there by hand. I hope that this tip helps yall, it has helped me over the years.

gadeerwoman

What about tyvek house wrap? Or those plastic 4x8 panels for showers? Might cost a little more but they may last awhile and will weigh very little.
Also you can order 4x8 sheets of coraplast from Home Depot and have it delivered to your local store. Very light weight and with a little paint (comes in white) it will last a long while.

Last edited:

JBeck

Maybe try some sheets of corrugated plastic. Cut to fit and zip tie it to your poles. Different colors and wind proof.

GAbuckhunter88

We just finished another conduit tower stand and I tried something a little different on this one. I used luan and added flashing to all the edges which will protect it from the weather. Painted three coats of a good exterior paint to seal it.

This is a whole lot lighter than plywood and blocks more wind than any kind of fabric wrap.

Confederate_Jay

If you Know anyone the works in a paper mill. A piece of dryer or press felt will last forever. Check out my old threads.that is what we cover our towers with.