Creek stalking with a Panther named Martin

ASH556

I passed this pretty little creek below a mill in a park today. I thought there must me some of Georgia's little river fish in it so I gave it a shot. Caught 3 in about 20-30 min. Small but fun and beautiful.

I recognize the Redbreast, but are the other 2 Green Sunfish?

ASH556

Nice reel!

Thanks! I had a new Sahara on that rod replacing an almost 20 year old Diawa, but the Sahara was having some biding issues such that it any weight on the line at all (like a 1/16 oz Beetlespin) made it feel like you were fighting a fish. I was able to return the Sahara and decided to go "all in" on this one.

As a side note, my son asked Jesus into his heart on Tuesday, so I got him his own Stradic on a new St Croix rod as well to commemorate. Now we match (though my rod is an almost 20 year old Fenwick).

61BelAir

As a side note, my son asked Jesus into his heart on Tuesday, so I got him his own Stradic on a new St Croix rod as well to commemorate. Now we match (though my rod is an almost 20 year old Fenwick).

Nothing in the world to be more proud of than that!

GAGE

GONetwork Member

Congrats to the both of you!

ThomasCobb123

fishing the little creeks

You're a man after my own heart.
I love prowling and fishing those little creeks...no bass boats, no tournaments, no water ski people, no arguments at boat ramps, and none of all that chaos. Those little creeks are all over the state too...many right inside city limits
If you catch 15-16 of those little guys like those, it's quite simple to get at least one good fillet off each one. Sometimes two.
That gives a nice fish supper for a couple of folks. And it doesn't hurt the environment/water one bit.
Great news also about your son.
Let the heathen rage...his future is guaranteed.
Stay happy.