Humminbird Helix 5 di GPS Clearance

Coenen

did you look at https://www.walmart.com/ip/Humminbird-Helix-5/54876745

it still shows 4 left and $186
Right you are! Takes some doing to get to that page through Wal Mart's site if you don't have the direct link.

For example, they also have this guy listed...
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Humminbi...PS-G2-Helix-5-CHIRP-DI-GPS-G2-Combo/174969628

Which, I believe, is the exact same unit. Their online shopping website is a mess! I guess they want the online shopping experience to mirror the in-store one.

Basically, if you go to their site, and try to click through until you find the deal we've been talking about, you won't. You can find it though if you go to the walmart.com homepage and type "Helix 5" into the search bar, though. The first result takes you to a blanket Helix 5 listing, with drop down options that let you choose "type" (sonar with GPS) and "personalizeable" (2-d CHIRP sonar down imaging).

Weird.

JohnK

The one that says 2D CHIRP sonar-down imaging....is that conventional sonar as well as DI?

Last edited:

TroyBoy30

Looks like someone figured out something was amiss with their pricing though. The Sonar / DI / GPS model is back up around $300. :( Only took them three weeks!

Troy might know this, does Humminbird not have something like an MAP policy on their units? Hard to believe a vendor as visible as Walmart went that long with those units priced as they were. Then again, maybe Walmart is big enough to tell HB to go fly a kite.

they do but it depends on the unit. most manufacturers remove set pricing at a certain point in a units life. especially older units when they want to clear out stock

looks like you guys are linking to 2 different units.

this one looks like just 2d, not di. there descriptions are confusing

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Humminbird-Helix-5/54876745#about-item

i tried to get a screen shot of all helix 5 models

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 190
Last edited:

Coenen

they do but it depends on the unit. most manufacturers remove set pricing at a certain point in a units life. especially older units when they want to clear out stock

looks like you guys are linking to 2 different units.

this one looks like just 2d, not di. there descriptions are confusing

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Humminbird-Helix-5/54876745#about-item

i tried to get a screen shot of all helix 5 models
The link you've got in your post is the right one. The trick is to fiddle with the drop down menus under the "type" and "personalizable" headings.

The link I gave, with the $350 unit, I'm almost positive is the same setup as the $186 "Deal" unit we've been talking about. I bought one of the "deal" units and it was 100% the G2 model Helix with 2d Chirp + DI + GPS. I'll reiterate, Wal Mart's online shopping / website is about as much of a mess as going to one of their actual brick and mortar stores.

61BelAir

The one that says 2D CHIRP sonar-down imaging....is that conventional sonar as well as DI?

Yes, conventional, DI, and GPS.

The link you've got in your post is the right one. The trick is to fiddle with the drop down menus under the "type" and "personalizable" headings....
..... I bought one of the "deal" units and it was 100% the G2 model Helix with 2d Chirp + DI + GPS.

That's the one I received as well. Humminbird's part/model # 410220-1. If you search their site for that number it only brings up the pages for the full priced units. Following the links above will get you to the good price on the same model.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
I got mine Tuesday. Now to mount that sucker and try it out

littlejon

The link you've got in your post is the right one. The trick is to fiddle with the drop down menus under the "type" and "personalizable" headings.

The link I gave, with the $350 unit, I'm almost positive is the same setup as the $186 "Deal" unit we've been talking about. I bought one of the "deal" units and it was 100% the G2 model Helix with 2d Chirp + DI + GPS. I'll reiterate, Wal Mart's online shopping / website is about as much of a mess as going to one of their actual brick and mortar stores.

This^ As soon as the item sells out the price goes back to full retail. Then after awhile it will go back to the $186 price once the system sees more available. It is the same unit and they are G2. I believe their system is set up to resupply that clearance price once it runs out. My guess its not being monitored. :clap:

JohnK

Wonder how much interference one would have to deal with if he had 2 mounted side by side, both units and transducers? I think I'd like it but I don't want to stop screen on one so I can see the other without the blue lines.

TroyBoy30

interference is something different. You may be thinking of cross talk? You will have it unless you run them on different frequencies

61BelAir

I finally had the chance to get back on the water with mine and was looking forward to using a fish finder on the river for the first time. Unfortunately a blown fuse kept that from happening. We still had a fun day and I'll be sure to pack spares from now on.

Don't let it happen to ya'll.

61BelAir

Bigger question, why did the fuse blow? Are you using a 3 amp?

Yes a 3 amp. It's possible I bumped something while setting the battery onto the kayak, strapping it down, and hooking it up. There is nothing else electrical and no other wiring.

I told several friends about this deal and not one of them said they were going to get one. I think they will be kicking their self later.

Last edited:

TripleXBullies

I used mine again on Friday night and found the spot on my home lake I've been wanting to find for years. I had trouble understanding what was fish wasn't.. but on my second cast with a 20' crank bait I caught one.