Echoconee creek wma

charlie81

Just wondering if anyone has had any luck on the tract off of 247. Also, I'm not very familiar with WMAs, I have a sportsmans license, do I also need a WMA pass or stamp? I did a search online and couldnt find a definite answer. Thanks ahead for any info.

35 Whelen

The WMA license was done away with this year so you are good to go with your Sportsman's License.

AllTerrainAngler

Full of hogs... Good luck with deer. Left side of road is narrow pine tract, right side is pines that lead into the swamp

AllTerrainAngler

no problem! there is some neat stuff to be found out there. I walked the creek one day and found a 24-25' bayliner boat that somehow ended up DEEP back there. Not sure how they ever made it up the creek as far as it had. Part of a plane crash and a few other odds and ends

AllTerrainAngler

The bay liner probably ended up there during the flood.

Didn't even think of that. We did go inside the cabin. Looked nearly brand new for as old as it was. I was only a year old during the flood

jbp84

I hunt there sometimes to kill time. It gets pounded with traffic from the base. Last year someone poured corn nearly everywhere. The left side of the road had corn on it. I decided to go down the creek in a boat and found corn on the creek bank and the bag it came in. Deer are scarce but hogs are there they dont stay long

AllTerrainAngler

A few years ago an ago a bunch of guys from the base got fined because they were driving the deer.