Falcons win the South?

Will they? All I know is after all the years following them, to have my heart ripped out and shown to me in the SB, Im not getting excited over anything until its said and done.

My old man couldn't do anything but yell 50 years! 50 years! after that monumental disappointment.

Go Birds....... meh.

Coenen

I'll trade you a "Falcons win the South" for a "Packers win the North."

biggdogg

Falcons might be the only team in the NFL South with a winning record.

doenightmare

Gone But Not Forgotten
I'l say yes but that is prolly a curse so I'll say no. Go Birds!

Well, seems that there is about as much excitement as every year. See ya'll Falcons fans that join at playoff time.

Before we hear I dont watch the NFL, Kaepernick, over payed, yada yada....... its football, take it or leave it.

GO BIRDS.

No one watched the Braves with me either until they owned the 90's.

Coenen

They'll be fine. The team is finally built correctly to expect extended success. I'm not even a fan, and I can see that.

TJay

As long as Ryan stays healthy (knock on wood). I expect to see the defense continue to improve and if the offense can duplicate their performance from last year I expect they will see the playoffs again.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
Their successful seasons are usually followed by dropping off the radar.

joepuppy

Falcons win it all this year.

Patriot44

Banned
Atlanta? Maybe win the souf but not the SB, at least not with Matty Slice.

BornToHuntAndFish

Better not to expect too much or get hopes too high.

Losing pre-season games may not mean much, but at least the draft recruits are showing potential.

Coenen

Losing pre-season games may not mean much, but at least the draft recruits are showing potential.
Talent evaluation is what the preseason is really about anyway, at least from a coaching perspective. Don't think that the players still aren't trying to win though. Those guys that are playing in the 4th quarter are fighting for their jobs, there's something to be said for that.

I'll still make that trade with ya. :bounce:

DannyW

Yeah, pre-season NFL football serves two main purposes:

1. Playing the first teamers for a limited period to get their timing down, and to condition their bodies to absorb the punishment of full speed contact.

2. To evaluate the rookies and free agents for making the final roster.

There are other benefits like the coaches practicing their game management (I noticed DQ doing that at the end of the game by taking some very smart time outs near the two minute mark), and also the trainers etc getting the kinks worked out.

But for purposes of predicting the team's chances for the regular season, the actual score of the game is near worthless.