New ground and new friends

Todd Cook

I got a chance to get away for a couple days , so early Fri morning I loaded up and headed toward Ocmulgee WMA. I heard about a hunt on another trad forum and thought I'd go meet some folks.

I never had set foot n the place before. But that's never stopped me before. I pulled up and met Paul, a fellow from Indiana. He was the only one that had shown up. No matter, we talked a bit and hit the swamp.

We saw plenty of tracks and some rooting, but no pigs. I did slip right up on an armadillo; Paul never had seen one before.

Todd Cook

The next morning I met up with ClovisSports and his friend Stephen. The four of us went four directions, and I walked my feet just about off, but still no pigs. Stephan did get a shot late Sat evening, but missed.

It was great! It would be easy to be frustrated about not seeing any game, but sometimes it goes like that. Beautiful weather, beautiful country, good folks to share it with. Pretty hard to beat.

Lord willing, I'll get down there again. I did see several deer, and a good bit of hog sign. It sure was good just to go.

Last edited:

Allen Oliver

It was great! It would be easy to be frustrated about not seeing any game, but sometimes it goes like that. Beautiful weather, beautiful country, good folks to share it with. Pretty hard to beat.

You got that right Todd. I have fished the river a lot right there but have yet to hunt that WMA. Going to have to get up that way sometime myself.

Todd Cook

Hopefully these will show up. I'm having some resizeing issues.

Attachments

• 020.jpg
    020.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 156
  • 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 157
  • 023.jpg
    023.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:

Todd Cook