Gene Sanders - Services announced

bell77

A Fine Man

I enjoyed meeting gene a couple of years ago and hanging out with dad at his shop on many occasions. Two of my sons received genes mantis bows for Christmas. They were the last bows Gene worked on. They will be cherished for a lifetime.
We are praying for you Judy and family

Dirty44Dan

Gene was a great man in many ways. Not only was he a great bowmaker, he was a talented musician and great storyteller. He loved kids and would be brought to tears to see a young person delighted with one of his bows. He donated countless bows to TBG and was awarded the Sinew Award by that club for his outstanding service to archery. He was a great friend to me and I shall miss him.
Dan Spier

Jake Allen

Gene will be missed.
RIP sir.

TNGIRL

very sad to hear this, can anyone post up a link to Gene's obituary?

Red Arrow

I just saw this today. Gene will be missed by many. I spent several weeks off and on with Gene learning about bow making and actually building a long bow together. He was a great teacher with a ton of patience for a guy who had alot to learn. He was a friend who was not afraid to share his knowledge. I will miss him and hope to share a campfire with him on the other side. Prayers for his family.

PRlongbow

I got the news the other day. Gene was a good man. He will be missed dearly. Prayers go out to the family

JPISME

I just heard about Gene's passing tonight.......
I had the great pleasure to know Gene and Judy and his family. I met Gene and Larry at the shoots and would go by and "chew the fat" with them on occasion. I didn't live that far away. Later I had the pleasure of working with Gene at Triple A. He was a fine man and I am honored to say he was my friend.
I am fortunate to own 2 of his bows. The last one is the prettiest and sweetest shooting bow I own.
Rest easy old friend. No pain in Heaven.
God Bless