Now what??

KKeene

My 10 month old puppy is starting to tree. What kind of training do y'all do with young dogs in the off season??

Attachments

• IMG_2966.jpg
    IMG_2966.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 313

Hillbilly stalker

I keep hunting them until the leaves come on or the snakes come out. Its a great time to work with tightening them up on the tree, put a better handle on them and to work on timbering. A dog doesn't need every squirrel shot out to it like some people think. A dog trees because of instinct. You do have to watch some because they are a chance they will get loose on the tree. Watch the dog. I take a slingshot and a sack of marbles and make the squirrel timber till I cant move him any more. That fires a young dog up. Fine looking pup you have there.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
I keep hunting them until the leaves come on or the snakes come out. Its a great time to work with tightening them up on the tree, put a better handle on them and to work on timbering. A dog doesn't need every squirrel shot out to it like some people think. A dog trees because of instinct. You do have to watch some because they are a chance they will get loose on the tree. Watch the dog. I take a slingshot and a sack of marbles and make the squirrel timber till I cant move him any more. That fires a young dog up. Fine looking pup you have there.

excellent advise

KKeene

Thanks for the advice. I've never heard of using a slingshot to get a squirrel to timber. He needs to tighten up a bit.