Benchmade knives

EuroTech

I have been using a BM daily for years and just got a new one from Santa. The Griptillion is what I carry and I abuse it. Last summer I opened 70 bags of concrete with it and it took it like a champ. I don't baby mine but I do have a new one for church!

Bigmonk96

I love the Benchmade also -- I've carried the BM 3550 auto for many years - like the Griptilian in their folderknives -- for less money the Kershaw ( USA made**) are awesome too. Just came out with one,I'm thinking about ordering,called "Dividend" and around $40 on e-bay__ good luck,Monk*

Benchmade 3550.jpg

Kershaw Dividend.jpg

ripplerider

Benchmades are nice but I'm a Spyderco man. Lots of premium steel choices, lots of different models, something for everyone.

Dub

I've never owned a Benchmade.....wanted one, but it seems that I find something else to spend the money on.

I've been well served by this Kershaw Blur. Made in USA. You put a little pressure against the thumb stud and it flies open & locks with authority. All but an "auto".

I've used mine a lot and it's held an edge really well.

The only downside I've experienced is the clip gets loose. It'd benefit from a 3rd screw like most of the other folders I've had.

I thought I'd lost it and bought this Spyderco Tenacious after seeing them so highly regarded. Guess what I found shortly after, lol.

It's 100% controlled by your thumb manipulating the blade to full open or close. Not as smooth or fast as that Kershaw....but fairly simple and easy.

I like the size of the Sypderco better and it feels great in hand. Time will tell how it holds up. Didn't realize it was made in China until after buying it.

I think both knives were less than $60 each.

One day I may give a Benchmade a try, but these two should hold me for a while.

deast1988

I have a Griptilian Benchmade got back in Highschool. It's cleaned around 15 deer no issues.

About 5years ago I got an Adamas Automatic. That knife between me buddies and Family has cleaned 45deer. Absolutely a tank, opens as fast today as it did back then.

This year I picked up a loco higher grade steel. It slices through wicked holds a nice edge. An seems easier to sharpen then the adamas.

My carry knife is a Pagan OTF. Smooth an flawless.

Blue box or black box. All you need to know, lifetime warranty. You break a point bust a clip can't sharpen want a new factory edge just send it back no questions asked. Sharpening is shipping an handling.

I have a SpyderCo nice knife good steel. Pain to sharpen no warranty. Think I paid $150s for it.

Benchmade stands behind there stuff An my use of them has been extensive.

I'm goin to get an Altitude once I find them local. 1.67oz it'll go into my bug out bag.

Hoss78

I got a benchmade emissary and a valet for Christmas can’t remember the steel but both are sweet knives. Kinda hate to edc either except for church or special occasions. Dub if you ever see a emissary in a store give it a look I don’t think you will be disappointed.

Hooty Hoot

Gone but not forgotten
There are many good knives out there. Benchmade is a good knife but a poor value. If they threw in a pair of Costa sunglasses, you would still get cheated.

BOTH TIMES

whitetailfreak

They seem like good knives, but I've never really cared for the look of Benchmade knives. Just not my cup of tea.