A trip to the beaver pond with my Grand-daughter

GAJoe

These aren't my best pictures but they ARE great memories. They are from a trip with my Grand-Daughter Sayde to the beaver pond. When I told her what all I had been seeing at the beaver pond she asked "When are we goin'?".
We saw lots of beaver. One climbed on top of the lodge to place a big stick, my first time seeing that. At one time there was four at once. Some would head under the beaver lodge that was about 30 yards in front of us. And some would head toward us and dive under leaving a trail of bubbles as they went into the tunnel beneath us. Some would have good sized sticks or small limbs in tow. I can only imagine the tunnels that must be out of our sight.
The wild wood ducks are a testament of how well Sayde did being still and quiet. They take off like being shot out of a canon at the slightest indication of something not being right. These swam around eating nymphs on the greenery as they meandered off never flying and sounding the alarm of our presence.
On our way back to the truck from the beaver pond I told her that I hadn't seed so many different animals; she was good luck. She replied a couple minutes later "Good Luck Sayde; I like that name." I was surprised and proud how well she had done being quiet and still for her age.
Sorry to be long winded. Hope you enjoy.:)

Attachments

• 20180414_081139-2.jpg
    20180414_081139-2.jpg
    400.7 KB · Views: 451
  • _O2A0809.jpg
    _O2A0809.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 439
  • _O2A0825.jpg
    _O2A0825.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 445
  • _O2A0834.jpg
    _O2A0834.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 437
  • _O2A0854.jpg
    _O2A0854.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 441

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Looks like y'all had an awesome time, Joe. And that's a great series of shots. Nothing like the outdoors!

GAJoe

thanks

Cmp1

BANNED
Fantastic shots,,,, tell your grand daughter love the camo,,,, I'm telling you I've gotta get out the T90,,,,

GAJoe

Thanks guys!
I fixed her up with the camo's.
They let us get closer.

Attachments

• IMG_0610.jpg
    IMG_0610.jpg
    427.6 KB · Views: 433

wvdawg

Staff member
Time well spent! Hope she has her own camera too!

one hogman

These aren't my best pictures but they ARE great memories. They are from a trip with my Grand-Daughter Sayde to the beaver pond. When I told her what all I had been seeing at the beaver pond she asked "When are we goin'?".
We saw lots of beaver. One climbed on top of the lodge to place a big stick, my first time seeing that. At one time there was four at once. Some would head under the beaver lodge that was about 30 yards in front of us. And some would head toward us and dive under leaving a trail of bubbles as they went into the tunnel beneath us. Some would have good sized sticks or small limbs in tow. I can only imagine the tunnels that must be out of our sight.
The wild wood ducks are a testament of how well Sayde did being still and quiet. They take off like being shot out of a canon at the slightest indication of something not being right. These swam around eating nymphs on the greenery as they meandered off never flying and sounding the alarm of our presence.
On our way back to the truck from the beaver pond I told her that I hadn't seed so many different animals; she was good luck. She replied a couple minutes later "Good Luck Sayde; I like that name." I was surprised and proud how well she had done being quiet and still for her age.
Sorry to be long winded. Hope you enjoy.:)

Great Pics, Iknow how Special those grand Daughters are..:clap:

GAJoe

Thanks

rip18

Awesome! Even if you had gotten no pictures, it was a great trip! The pix just add to it!

GAJoe

Thanks!
Canon 7D MkII and 100-400mm LII

GAJoe

Thank you.
Yes they are.

GAJoe

Thanks

GAJoe

thanks