Go Back   Georgia Outdoor News Forum > Georgia Hunting Reports > North GA Hunting Reports

Old 12-08-2017, 08:29 AM

I'm giving it another go in Madison Co. this weekend. It has been getting a bit tougher, but we may have a little second rut action, what do you folks think?
Old 12-12-2017, 09:57 AM

Well I hunted hard all weekend and saw very few deer. I sat in the sleet/rain/snow Saturday and saw nothing. Then the cold Sunday morning and saw nothing then Sunday afternoon I began to see deer. It warmed up Monday and Monday afternoon there were deer everywhere. I guess our deer are not accustomed to the weather and moved much better after it warmed up some. I have not seen one I want to take yet, but there is still plenty of time. I had a great time just being out this weekend. I saw a lot of ducks and other birds and a fox. I watched a heron catch some small fish.
Old 12-12-2017, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esau View Post
Well I hunted hard all weekend and saw very few deer. I sat in the sleet/rain/snow Saturday and saw nothing. Then the cold Sunday morning and saw nothing then Sunday afternoon I began to see deer. It warmed up Monday and Monday afternoon there were deer everywhere. I guess our deer are not accustomed to the weather and moved much better after it warmed up some. I have not seen one I want to take yet, but there is still plenty of time. I had a great time just being out this weekend. I saw a lot of ducks and other birds and a fox. I watched a heron catch some small fish.

That's a great hunt!
Old 12-12-2017, 09:42 PM

Hunted Monday saw a four point and two does .
Old 12-13-2017, 07:14 AM

Past weekend was slow for us as well. No deer seen Friday evening or Saturday morning....saw a few Saturday evening.
Old 12-13-2017, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbird1 View Post
[/color]

That's a great hunt!
I sure thought so. Thanks.
Old 12-19-2017, 09:54 PM

Hello all. Looking to bring my 8 year old up who has really never been hunting yet. Been reading your deer report here and just wondering if you have any suggestions in hall or Jackson county or updates here in this county! Thanks
Old 12-20-2017, 05:32 AM

Luke: Hunting late season is tough....update from Madison County - Hunted 12/15 - 16
2 hunters only saw three deer. Earlier in season would have yielded 12+
Trail cams showed movement around 2nd week of December and I assume that was last does getting bred. Recent cams show most deer feeding at night in food plots.

But you never know...take that 8 year old and make some memories.
Old 12-20-2017, 07:57 PM

Do appreciate the info. I am getting the time off so will definitely take the opportunity to hunt still. Was just looking around for good paces to hunt. Hit up the mountain - cohutta/ blue ridge area few months ago. That is all part of the lessons you learn hunting, not going to see something every Time!
Old 12-26-2017, 02:48 PM

Another dumb question maybe. Trying to find maps online about the area and where to hunt, suggestions?
Old 01-08-2018, 09:58 PM

Hunted this am. Five does one snuck in behind me and blew the alarm as I had to turn around behind me to shoot. Maybe get to go Wednesday am to end season. Been a good year. Now time to get ready for fishing
Old 01-10-2018, 09:48 PM

This am saw five does and then two does Seemed skittish. Then shot coyote. Maybe the problem. Well, one less problem!
Old 01-11-2018, 07:10 AM

Way to go ssmith....shoot all the yotes you see.

I've not hunted for several weeks and probably cant this weekend. Good year overall and look forward to next season.
Old 01-15-2018, 11:08 AM

Shot a coyote the last afternoon on the 14th, he ran across the property line with blood everywhere. He is probably dead just canít confirm it. Time to put out some traps!