I hate poison ivy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MrBull

Sorry just had to vent a little. I went and got some stands out of the woods saturday and apparently walked right through some poison ivy. The 1st 29 years of my life it never bothered me then last year I got in some real bad now I can look at it and break out. Ill probably break out from typing it.

turtlebug

Sorry just had to vent a little. I went and got some stands out of the woods saturday and apparently walked right through some poison ivy. The 1st 29 years of my life it never bothered me then last year I got in some real bad now I can look at it and break out. Ill probably break out from typing it.

I feel your pain. :smash: Okay, well I don't but my hubby Fishbait does. :bounce:

In 40 years, he's never been bothered by it but something about when you hit it repeatedly with a weedeater and sling the oil all over your face and arms.... well.... :banginghe

Took two trips to the doc and steroids upon steroids to clear it up. He's still taking antihistimines a month later and has some scars on his arms from it now. :(

Hope you get it cleared up soon. ::;

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
As soon as you realize you got in that stuff go quickly to the closest water and get in it. Wash
everything the best you can. It works.

7Mag Hunter

Yep....Me too...when I was a kid I could look at it and it
would eat me up.....
Calamine is your new best
friend for 4-5 days.....:hair:

rjcruiser

After a shower, blow dryer as hot as you can stand it for as long as you can stand it on the affected area.

Then spray some hair spray on it.

Will give you about 2-3 hours of comfort.

jkk6028

fortunately i never have had a reaction to it even though i have had contact with it many times......but always know the next year could be different and it may eat me up

georgia_home

Prednisone! Anything else will just make it laugh!

Doc and I have a deal... I call, he delivers. Just last week, 3 days of steroids and all is well.

It's like the 4th time since deer season ended... And I have only been to camp 4 times!!!

Hope no one else gets it this bad!

Someone told me something, and I thought they were crazy. I am now a believer.

When I see a patch of PI breaking out, I douse it liberally several times a day with rubbing alcohol. In 3-4 days, it dries up and goes away without spreading.

Prior to this, I would have had to go to the doc-in-a-box, pay my $40 copay, and get a cortizone shot.

jmfauver

I have always been really allergic to it...My brothers can roll around in it ,call me and tell me they did it and I break out....

trial&error

I'm starting to itch just reading this. Wish we'd get real early frost in the next couple of days so i'd all be dead by the 10th.

MTMiller

I hate the stuff and feel your pain. After 20+ years of getting it badly at least once a year, I finally did a lot of research and found out how to identify the plants. Now I have not had it in about 4-5 years. It goes through different stages (color, etc.) through the year and the leaves don't always look the same. However it has a very distinctive pattern once you learn it you will avoid it just by glancing at it. I can easily spot a patch from 10-15 yds away now.

Keebs

Miss Moderator Ma Hen
Staff member
I hate the stuff and feel your pain. After 20+ years of getting it badly at least once a year, I finally did a lot of research and found out how to identify the plants. Now I have not had it in about 4-5 years. It goes through different stages (color, etc.) through the year and the leaves don't always look the same. However it has a very distinctive pattern once you learn it you will avoid it just by glancing at it. I can easily spot a patch from 10-15 yds away now.
:cheers:

It has never affected me. I'm one of those that can roll around in it and nada.... :)
::ke: laugh, boast & scoff now, believe me, your day will come!:p

Keebs

Miss Moderator Ma Hen
Staff member
I wasn't laughing or scoffing.... I feel for those folks that get eaten up by the devil weed.
ok, sounded like you were laffin it up............ carry on......... I sowwy............ :biggrin2:

Rabbit Hunter 101

I just got over it myself. I had it appear on my arm and immediately started rubbing alcohol on it, a few times a day. I kept it from spreading and it dried up in about 5 days.

MTMiller

this will just about make you wish you were dead. They could easily torture people with this stuff. If they would have used this at Guantanamo we would have gotten Bin Ladin a lot sooner :rofl:

this is not my arm thank God.

Attachments

• Severe-Poison-Ivy-Rash.jpg
    Severe-Poison-Ivy-Rash.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 4,508

MrBull

Well the 1st time I had a reaction was last spring me and my brother was clearing my property line so I could build a fence. Unknowingly we were chainsawing through a sumac thicket and we were grabbing big bundles of it and slinging it to the side. Before it was said and done my chest was one giant scab from my neck to my belt. After about a month I went to the doctor and she gave me a steroid cream within about 3 days it was cleared up.