Consciousness

hummerpoo

Gone but not forgotten
I can definitely understand and agree with that. There are certainly folks that are "tuned into" things that are others are not.
And that just may have some impact on the whole believer/non believer thing.
But I just cant help but question if ALL these insert religion name here are "tuned in" or just regurgitating what they have been taught.
Particularly when you consider all the different denominations, beliefs etc.
And of course they could all be tuned into "something" and then put their own spin on what that "something" is.
And then there are folks like me. I was a believer and now I'm not.
Was I tuned in and then somebody changed the channel?
Was I never tuned in and just regurgitating what I was taught?
If I was tuned in how could I possibly tune myself out?
I don't know but I do understand what you are saying and acknowledge the possibility of it.

Those are questions that many very capable men have asked over many centuries.

Israel

BANNED
I can definitely understand and agree with that. There are certainly folks that are "tuned into" things that are others are not.
And that just may have some impact on the whole believer/non believer thing.
But I just cant help but question if ALL these insert religion name here are "tuned in" or just regurgitating what they have been taught.
Particularly when you consider all the different denominations, beliefs etc.
And of course they could all be tuned into "something" and then put their own spin on what that "something" is.
And then there are folks like me. I was a believer and now I'm not.
Was I tuned in and then somebody changed the channel?
Was I never tuned in and just regurgitating what I was taught?
If I was tuned in how could I possibly tune myself out?
I don't know but I do understand what you are saying and acknowledge the possibility of it.

You've shared something of a testimony already.
It was pretty powerful to me to the point that I retain it.
But even beyond that one I continue to hear more.

Israel

BANNED
I've taken psychedelic drugs before and I've had experiences where I felt deeply connected to living things even to waterfalls and I felt as if in some way they were "talking" to me, or at least revealing something metaphysical. Now I can induce those kinds of experiences to some degree without the chemicals. Some might say that I'm opening myself up to another dimension. I doubt it. It doesn't diminish at all how powerful those experiences are.

And he answered and said unto them, I tell you that, if these should hold their peace, the stones would immediately cry out.

I am learning to take Jesus at His word. Whether He was saying all material things have a voice toward something might be a presumption. (But also might not)

But I am convinced of this:

For we can do nothing against the truth, but for the truth.

Is God the only righteous judge? Surely.

Is God merciful?

Speak and act as those who are going to be judged by the Law that gives freedom. For judgment without mercy will be shown to anyone who has not been merciful. Mercy triumphs over judgment.